I have to go look at cars today

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
:mad:

The lease on the Sequoia is coming up so Larry thinks he might want to trade it in. He likes my 4Runner much better anyway so he'll take that and I'll get something else.

He brought a Highlander hybrid home for me to buzz around in last night :granola: and I like it okay. But I think I might like the Rav4 better because it's smaller (which is what I wanted in the first place).

Any comments on the hybrids? Anybody have one? Do they suck?

Barnacle

vraiblonde said:

The lease on the Sequoia is coming up so Larry thinks he might want to trade it in. He likes my 4Runner much better anyway so he'll take that and I'll get something else.

He brought a Highlander hybrid home for me to buzz around in last night :granola: and I like it okay. But I think I might like the Rav4 better because it's smaller (which is what I wanted in the first place).

I have a 2006 non-hybrid Highlander Limited and LOVE it!!! There isn't anything about it that I don't like! I just read in Consumer Reports that the extra one pays for the Hybrid is not made up by the savings in gasoline costs.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
I've read and heard a number of news articles that report the milage boosts of the hybrids as overstated.

Might not be worth an extra $7,000.00 - $10,000.00 to get four extra mpg.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
I read that if you get in accident, you could have a problem. Fire/Rescue won't get anywhere near it unless they are absolutely certain they won't be in danger from the electricity/gasoline thing.

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
vraiblonde said:

You can have my Accord, vrai. I want an SUV. :biggrin:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
onebdzee said:
my mom has a RAV4 and she told me time and time again it's the best "car" she's ever owned
:cartwheel

That's what I got! A 2006 Rav4, Barcelona Red. This year's models are a LOT roomier - Larry can have the seat way back for him and the person sitting behind him can throw a party and invite their friends. I was disappointed when I saw it was a single disc CD player, but then I saw that it played MP3s too! :yahoo:

And best of all? We're paying $300/mo less than we were for the Sequoia! :clap:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
crabcake said:
Vrai -- I thought you got a Jeep Liberty just a little while back?
That was one of the cars we test-drove before we got the 4Runner. I like a Liberty but they drive rattley compared to the Toyota equivalent.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
vraiblonde said:
:cartwheel

That's what I got! A 2006 Rav4, Barcelona Red. This year's models are a LOT roomier - Larry can have the seat way back for him and the person sitting behind him can throw a party and invite their friends. I was disappointed when I saw it was a single disc CD player, but then I saw that it played MP3s too! :yahoo:

And best of all? We're paying $300/mo less than we were for the Sequoia! :clap:
Awesome! :yay: