What do you want in a car?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I love my new Rav4! It's PERFECT! It has everything I want, which is:

• Simple heat/air controls - you don't have to be a rocket scientist to figure it out, nor do you have to pull the car over to adjust anything.
  • Non-power seats - it is the aggravation of my day to wait the 3 seconds while my seat is moving itself into the correct position.
  • An MP3 player - I never realized I wanted one of these until I got one in this car.
  • Lots of cup holders - I hate cars that are cup-holder challenged. :mad:
  • Nooks and crannies for storing things - side pockets, change compartments, etc.
  • Good sporty body styling in an excellent color - I wouldn't drive a Ferrari if it was a pukey color.

Obviously my wants are fairly tame, but I'm just curious what everyone likes in a vehicle? What do you look for when car shopping?

ocean733

I would LOVE a car that actually drives!!

I got my car back from the shop on Thursday evening (after a week of them having it). Yes, my "new" one. On Friday, I went to do an errand from work and spent the rest of the day in tow trucks and at gas stations/the mechanic's because I broke down - now it's my altenator!:banghead:

I would definitely suggest a car that can actually drive.:razz:

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
elaine said:
I wish more people would look for turn signal options.

They're too busy holding the cell phone to their ear while they make that turn.

oldman

Lobster Land
vraiblonde said:

• Simple heat/air controls - you don't have to be a rocket scientist to figure it out, nor do you have to pull the car over to adjust anything.
  • Non-power seats - it is the aggravation of my day to wait the 3 seconds while my seat is moving itself into the correct position.
  • An MP3 player - I never realized I wanted one of these until I got one in this car.
  • Nooks and crannies for storing things - side pockets, change compartments, etc.
  • Good sporty body styling in an excellent color - I wouldn't drive a Ferrari if it was a pukey color.

Obviously my wants are fairly tame, but I'm just curious what everyone likes in a vehicle? What do you look for when car shopping?

I've got an 11 year old Geo Metro. Dependability. I have never had to expend any amount of money into it. I've still have my sheet together enough to hold my coffee cup in my hand, speed is no longer a necessity, just listening to Rush on AM is ample, a space to hold my cigs and lighter are all I need and looks/color don't mean a thing to me. I have noone to impress, it gets me to where I want to go, no car payments, cheap insurance, all the space I need and it's not one of those cars that kids want to take for a joy ride - not that they could drive a stick shift to begin with. 10.5 gallon gas tank so filling up once a month doesn't make me gringe. Would I love to have a 400 HP car, you betcha, but those days have long since gone by where I needed one to impress anyone. Despite what at least one other suggested, even in my car I can get up to well over the speed limit within a short distance from my house. Bottom line, if you like what you've just bought or bought years ago, good on you.

W

Wenchy

5 star safety rating is my main thing. I want speed, a smooth ride, lots of room, good looking gadgets, leather, heated fanny seats, an ashtray/lighter that I don't have to pay extra for, and a brand with a great reputation for being dependable. I have a CD player, and still find myself using old cassettes or just the regular stereo. I'm stuck in the 80's, and will probably never get that XM radio, or whatever it is.

When this one croaks in about 10 years, I will buy the newest version.

mrweb

Iron City
vraiblonde said:

Paid for is first on my list. I hate car payments. I have three. One reliable huptie for the kid, one reliable with leather and the works for my love, and a good, reliable and no-frills 4x4 truck for me. (The dog sometimes...ummmm...usually pukes on our weekend errands, so no carpet...rubber flooring, wet rag, good to go. :yay: ) :nocarpaymentshere:

Christy

b*tch rocket
vraiblonde said:
Butt warmers. :yay: My next vehicle must have heated seats. All my friends have them, and it's sooooo nice.

Christy said:
Butt warmers. :yay: My next vehicle must have heated seats. All my friends have them, and it's sooooo nice.
I love my heated seats. I wish I had cooling seats for the summer months tho. :ohwell:

One of my fondest butt warming seats memories is when I was taking my bro somewhere a couple summers ago and he accidently turned them on. He suddenly got a strange look on his face and asked, "Why the hell is my azz sweating?!?!?!?!" :lol:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Christy said:
We had them in the Sequoia and it makes you feel like you peed your pants. I used it once and that was it. :ohwell: