Pax River Air Show?

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Does anyone know if Pax is going to have their Air Show this year?

I'd heard it was canceled but I couldn't find anything about it online one way or another.

Thanks.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
The air show is scheduled the weekend of September 28th. No Blue Angels, but the Thunderbirds are supposed to perform.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Thanks Ken.

No more "week after Andrews" or is this just for this year?

Ken King

PREMO Member
Not sure why the timing switched, but at least you don't get roped into going to both in such a short span of time.

K

Katie

Airshow at Pax River..

Is every two years. So it will around in 2003. I saw it last year after moving down here two weeks before. It was awesome. I took tons of pictures. :dance:

DarbyOhara

Musician
Re: Airshow at Pax River..

Originally posted by Katie
Is every two years. So it will around in 2003. I saw it last year after moving down here two weeks before. It was awesome. I took tons of pictures. :dance:

They are having the air show at Pax Naval Base this year! I know this cause our organization was asked for volunteers to run the stands.... Other than that, there's not much advertising to the public yet......

Ken King

PREMO Member
Re: Airshow at Pax River..

Originally posted by Katie

I think the Blue Angels rotation is every two years, but the Air Show (or Air Expo as it is called) is an annual event.

Gunn317

No, the airshow at Pax is every 2 years...I've been here long enough and have been to all that there were to know that ;)

However, they *are* having one this year, the end of September as has already been mentioned. I think they may be going to every 1-1/2 year schedule. Sweet ;)

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Damn! There have been more differences of opinion on the status of the Pax River Air Show than there are on some subjects in the Political Forums.

:lol:

bknarw

Attire Monitor
Originally posted by Ken King
The air show is scheduled the weekend of September 28th. No Blue Angels, but the Thunderbirds are supposed to perform.

Great! I was going to take a nice bottle of Merlot with me, but now I'll have to drink Thunderbird!

ronwin1

Air Expo 02 is scheduled for Sep 28 and 29. The Thunderbirds AND the Canadian Snow Birds jet team will be performing along with a whole bunch of other performers and static displays. I believe the Public Affairs Office is working on the Web Site so it should be up shortly.

Warren76

:confused: Ken King,

What's the "straight and skinny" about the Pax River Air Show this year? I searched the Naval Air Warfare Center/Aircraft Division (NAWCAD) web page regarding the air show, but no links appeared for my search queries: "air show", "open house", or "Blue Angels".

-Warren-

Last edited:

ronwin1

The Air Expo 02 hotline number is (301) 342-EXPO (3976). The Public Affairs Office is working on the web site and hopes to have it up some time next week.

Ken King

PREMO Member
Originally posted by Warren76
:confused: Ken King,

What's the "straight and skinny" about the Pax River Air Show this year? I searched the Naval Air Warfare Center/Aircraft Division (NAWCAD) web page regarding the air show, but no links appeared for my search queries: "air show", "open house", or "Blue Angels".

-Warren-

Until PAO gets the official Air Expo '02 page up the latest information can be found in the Tester at http://www.dcmilitary.com/navy/tester/7_21/local_news/17036-1.html which is an article dated 30 May 2002.

Warren76

Ken,

Many thanks for posting the NAWCAD Tester newspaper web page link presenting the
upcoming airshow info.

-Warren-