Cat Question

mamissa3

Hi everyone....i have a cat that needs to have Feli-Away plug ins. They are something that releases "cat happy hormones". He has issues with crapping on the floor. Well he is now not even responding to that. He has had a hard life due to his owner passing away. Does anyone have any ideas on what else to try to keep him happy. Thanks.....

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
You could ask the vet for some "kitty meds" that will calm him down a bit. But generally they give it for inappropriate urination, which is what Feliway is used for. Do you keep the litter box clean? Some cats prefer two boxes, one for peeing and the other for pooping.

mamissa3

Yea his litter box is kept cleaned. He has had issues for quite some time, but the Feli-away was working for quite a while.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
Try the other things I suggested.

Sometimes cats don't like a certain type of litter, try unscented. If you are using scoopable, try the clay litter. Maybe get a large litter box. I use the Rubbermaid storage container that is about 2 ft. long. It's not really taller than the average littler box and it works well.

How old is the cat? What does the vet say?

harleygirl

Working for the weekend
mamissa3 said:
Hi everyone....i have a cat that needs to have Feli-Away plug ins. They are something that releases "cat happy hormones". He has issues with crapping on the floor. Well he is now not even responding to that. He has had a hard life due to his owner passing away. Does anyone have any ideas on what else to try to keep him happy. Thanks.....
Catnip might help, or getting another kitty for company. Poor fella......