St. Mary's Animal Welfare League (SMAWL)

slbjgb2

St. Mary's Animal Welfare League desperate

The St. Mary's Animal Welfare League is sending out the desperate plea to the community for help. We have more animals than we do foster homes, and are in dire need of foster homes or even forever homes. SMAWL will pay for all medical care and even food(if the foster requests) for our foster animals. To learn more about our foster program, please contact Slbjgb2@verizon.net . Please share our plea with anyone you know who might be a suitable candidate.

Thanks for you help

A Poem To My Foster Dog

I am the bridge between what was and what can be. I am the pathway to a new life.

I am made of mush, because my heart melted when I saw you. Matted and sore, limping, depressed, lonely, unwanted, afraid to love.

For one little time you are mine. I will feed you with my own hand. I will love you with my whole heart. I will make you whole.

I am made of steel. Because when the time comes, when you are well, and sleek, when your eyes shine, and your tail wags with joy, then comes the hard part.

I will let you go--not without a tear, But without a regret. For you are safe forever-- A new dog needs me now.

by Diane Morgan

Last edited:

sdm

:howdy: If SMAWL didn't respond and you're still interested in fostering, check us out, Adopt A Spot Dalmatian Rescue. We are always looking for quality foster homes. We have foster homes, in NC, VA, MD, and PA. Our website is www.adoptaspotdalrescue.com

A

angelphish

Rescues are run by people who are very busy with animals and their own lives. If you are still interested, keep trying.

Or show up at the SMAWL animal fair today 9-3 and check out all the rescue groups personally.

M

missperky

angelphish said:
Rescues are run by people who are very busy with animals and their own lives. If you are still interested, keep trying.

Or show up at the SMAWL animal fair today 9-3 and check out all the rescue groups personally.

I understand that, but my post was almost 5 months ago, must not be to desperate. JMO