Colonoscopy First timer

Geek

O.k. I have to do this tomorrow. Prep is today..Anyone else do this and have tips? Can I take tylenol? Is orange jello o.k.? If I am 10 min. late for breakfast I get grumpy, will I be dangerous by tomorrow? :scared:

PrepH4U

Geek said:
O.k. I have to do this tomorrow. Prep is today..Anyone else do this and have tips? Can I take tylenol? Is orange jello o.k.? If I am 10 min. late for breakfast I get grumpy, will I be dangerous by tomorrow? :scared:
:confused:

I would ask your doctor these questions.

Dougstermd

ORGASM DONOR
Geek said:

Has your laxitive kicked in yet?

I think they also give a sedative now days. The worst part is the effect of the laxitive.
Have fun :popcorn:

mv_princess

mv = margaritaville
Geek said:

You will be too nervous to worry about food. I would suggest not to eat anything. Anything you eat may slow down the process, and they could have to do it again. And I am sure you will only want this done once.

They will relax you so you wont have much to worry about. It will be over faster than you think!

Geek

I start the laxative at 5:00 pm I just got over the evil flu that is going around..So I already had a dry run...Thanks for the words of encouragement...Seems like a lot of people have had this test.

morganj614

Just sit on the toilet all day, you'll feel 10 lbs. lighter..:lol: I had twilight sleep and don't remember a thing, just a little memory loss for a day from 1 drug. Rehydrate yourself afterwards and don't forget they want you to fart when you wake up :yay: Piece of cake. Just don't drink alcohol for a few days :roflmao:

Geek

morganj614 said:
Just sit on the toilet all day, you'll feel 10 lbs. lighter..:lol: I had twilight sleep and don't remember a thing, just a little memory loss for a day from 1 drug. Rehydrate yourself afterwards and don't forget they want you to fart when you wake up :yay: Piece of cake. Just don't drink alcohol for a few days :roflmao:

Farting I can do like a champ...at least I will keep the kids laughing..Does the nurse have to hear it or do they take your word for it?

CMC122

Go Braves!
Geek said:
Farting I can do like a champ...at least I will keep the kids laughing..Does the nurse have to hear it or do they take your word for it?
Take my word for it, they have to hear it:lmao:

Geek

Dougstermd said:
Has your laxitive kicked in yet?

I think they also give a sedative now days. The worst part is the effect of the laxitive.
Have fun :popcorn:

I love seditives, best sleep I get. I would get sedated to paint my nails if I could.

Geek

morganj614 said:
They encourage it in recovery :lol:

Well isn't that cute, I have had to do the poop to get out of the hospital. I hope they rate the farts cause I am bound to get a 10. I have a problem with finding bathroom humor too funny, so I will be loopy, laughing and farting. No mascara for me.

morganj614

Geek said:
Well isn't that cute, I have had to do the poop to get out of the hospital. I hope they rate the farts cause I am bound to get a 10. I have a problem with finding bathroom humor too funny, so I will be loopy, laughing and farting. No mascara for me.

Oh and they tell you, don't be afraid to fart, it'll be dry. All liquid is sucked outta your azz :lol:

CMC122

Go Braves!
Your fart isn't gonna be any more special then any other fart they hear all day long. It's not a big deal.

Geek said:
Don't forget, no nail polish either. They have to monitor your blood oxygen level and that interferes. Good luck and don't worry. No orange jello!

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
The effects of the "cleansing" agent are the worst part of it. Don't plan on going anywhere other than the bathroom tonight. And don't even drink water in the morning. Nada. My doctor puts you pretty much out of it. I wasn't even aware it had been done until I woke up. I had 0 pain afterwards, but I know that isn't the case for everyone. I did none of the gas thing. I belched a lot instead.