Doug's Hobby Shop expanding

LooseTooth

open loop stable
The one just north of Lex Park. The one in Waldorf has closed and all of the stuff has been consolidated.

If you are into model planes/trains/helicopters/boats you should swing buy and check out the new place. Static display as well as RC models are available.

They even had some slot car tracks. Man the memories! I may have to buy one.

If you want to get into flying planes, pay them a visit and/or PM me.

chernmax

NOT Politically Correct!!
LooseTooth said:
The one just north of Lex Park. The one in Waldorf has closed and all of the stuff has been consolidated.

If you are into model planes/trains/helicopters/boats you should swing buy and check out the new place. Static display as well as RC models are available.

IMO, there train prices are high compared to online (at least what I saw in trains).

Recommend: Train World Online Link

T

tikipirate

Are they planning on having any sanctioned competition on road or dirt RC tracks? I know the shop up in Waldorf ran into problems with the EPA or the like (God knows why).

morganj614

LooseTooth said:

Oh no, does F. know about this? I think he helped finance the expansion with his spending :lmao:

Magnum

Should be Huntin
I bought a bunch of stuff off a friend that needed some money. I have a gas powered truck and car with a big box of tools and parts, even a few little tiny motors. Thinking about selling it since I have no clue about that stuff.

I used to work there when I was in high school :ohwell: That was when one side of the store was crafts. It was my first job.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
tikipirate said:
Are they planning on having any sanctioned competition on road or dirt RC tracks? I know the shop up in Waldorf ran into problems with the EPA or the like (God knows why).
They have (or had last time I was there) a dirt track for the RC cars behind the building.

The EPA might have gotten involved because the engines are 2-stroke :shrug:

LooseTooth

open loop stable
morganj614 said:
Oh no, does F. know about this? I think he helped finance the expansion with his spending :lmao:

Yeah, I'm sure he does. This was old post that got dug up. I think we both pitched in on the new store :yay:

To the dude that says it cost too much:

You always want to support the LHS because they are there when you need them in a pinch. I'm not saying to not buy stuff off of the web. You can always see if they will match the price, also.

Foxhound

Finishing last
I was a bad boy! I bought a Blade CX2 RC helicopter the other day at Dougs. When I went in, they had 3 of them. I had been looking at the Blade CX and heard the CX2 would be out and retailing for the same price as the CX. Newer digital radio on the CX2. I guess I should have waited till Christmas or after maybe, but what can I say. I'm just a big impulsive kid.

I have been having fun trying to learn a stable hover. This little model makes it pretty easy. Anyone else in the area own one of these. I'm looking for a large indoor place to practice flying.

I really like Doug's. They may be a little more than the internet stores, but they have customer service second to none. If they don't have it, they will find it and order it for you. I am giving my cousins model airplanes for Christmas, and due to the limited time to get them in the mail, I was unable to wait for Doug's to get them in stock, so I bought the kits online, had I planned properly, I would have bought them from Doug's but I will be buying the paints and glue from Doug's. I support them because they support the community. They gave me a really good discount when I bought some model airplanes there in June for my Cub Scouts to build. The Waldorf store was always like a candy store to me.
If I ever get my basement finished, I am going to build a P51 RC airplane. Have wanted one since I was a kid.

Foxhound

Finishing last
For me it's the P40E. Always loved the Flying Tigers. This model Heli has really put the model bug back into me. Been Years since I done any real modeling. Interesting enough there are still line control model kits out there! Does anyone know if there are any places to fly indoors around here?

Railroad

Routinely Derailed
The Southern Maryland Scale Modelers Club meets there on the third Thursday of every month, 7 p.m. They publish a dandy newsletter with photos of models brought in to the meeting. I know, because I write and publish the newsletter :lmao:

Nupe2

Railroad said:
The Southern Maryland Scale Modelers Club meets there on the third Thursday of every month, 7 p.m. They publish a dandy newsletter with photos of models brought in to the meeting. I know, because I write and publish the newsletter :lmao:

That's you?!!!! Small World...(so to speak)! :lol: I'm on the mailing list but can't make the meetings because of my work schedule. The newsletter keeps me up to date on the modeling world. Maybe I'll get the itch again and start building some of those planes that I have stashed in the basement! :yay:

Railroad

Routinely Derailed
Nupe2 said:
That's you?!!!! Small World...(so to speak)! :lol: I'm on the mailing list but can't make the meetings because of my work schedule. The newsletter keeps me up to date on the modeling world. Maybe I'll get the itch again and start building some of those planes that I have stashed in the basement! :yay:

Very cool! You and Huntr1 are fellow modelers! Pleeztameetcha!

Speedy70 said:
Where are they squeezing in a Costco? :confused:
See the attached photo. There's a big piece of undeveloped property behind Doug's and the shopping center. My guess is that is where they are "squeezing" in the Costco.

Attachments

• Dougs.bmp
    176.6 KB · Views: 117