Rack'm...

BuddyLee

Football addict
Do you (or anyone else for that matter) know if such a 'hunting' device exists where a photo is automatically taken once something darts past it (the camera)? I heard of some sort of camera used to hunt deer and other like animals. What is it called and how much do they run?

BuddyLee said:
Do you (or anyone else for that matter) know if such a 'hunting' device exists where a photo is automatically taken once something darts past it (the camera)? I heard of some sort of camera used to hunt deer and other like animals. What is it called and how much do they run?
I don't know a lot about photography but all you need is an IR motion detector connected to the camera in some way. They make them but I have no clue where to get one or how expensive they are.

BuddyLee

Football addict
rack'm said:
YEP, you can get them in most hunting mags.........they are from $100 and up. :yay:
Have you ever used one? If so, how effective are they? Will they, if set up in a room catch something as small as a mouse darting across the floor? I'm just wondering how accurate these bad boys are.

rack'm

Jaded
BuddyLee said:
Have you ever used one? If so, how effective are they? Will they, if set up in a room catch something as small as a mouse darting across the floor? I'm just wondering how accurate these bad boys are.

I've never used one, usually you see pictures of big bucks, no mice. :lol:

BL,
You can set them down near the floor so that the mouse will break the sensor beam. When going for deer, you set it about 3' off the ground. No 3' tall mice running around the woods (except maybe near Calvert Cliffs). It should work. I've seen pictures of squirrels. You can get them at D ICK's Sporting Goods, and I'd assume at Fred's, Blackbeard's Bait and Tackle and possibly at the Tacklebox.

BuddyLee

Football addict
huntr1 said:
BL,
You can set them down near the floor so that the mouse will break the sensor beam. When going for deer, you set it about 3' off the ground. No 3' tall mice running around the woods (except maybe near Calvert Cliffs). It should work. I've seen pictures of squirrels. You can get them at D ICK's Sporting Goods, and I'd assume at Fred's, Blackbeard's Bait and Tackle and possibly at the Tacklebox.
Awesome, I might have to pull off an experiment with this.

CMC122

Go Braves!
Don't make fun of me!

But I have seen them used on a show I was watching before. (In Search of Big Foot:biteme:) And a mouse actually was enough movement to make the camera snap a picture:yay:

BuddyLee

Football addict
CMC122 said:
But I have seen them used on a show I was watching before. (In Search of Big Foot:biteme:) And a mouse actually was enough movement to make the camera snap a picture:yay:
Well...I'm sure everyone knows I'm not trying to capture a mouse.:lol: If this piece is sensitive enough it should capture something paranormal if placed in a room, ideally at least.

CMC122

Go Braves!
BuddyLee said:
Well...I'm sure everyone knows I'm not trying to capture a mouse.:lol: If this piece is sensitive enough it should capture something paranormal if placed in a room, ideally at least.
:smack:

I'm not having a "moment" I knew what you were gonna try and use it for:biggrin:

BuddyLee

Football addict
ylexot said:
What happened to not having enough money for college? :razz:
Ha! It's not as if I can go out and purchase this tomorrow. This will have to be saved up for. I must be the only one my age who doesn't own a cell phone, small sacrifices.:ohwell:

sanchezf

Little ol' Me
The best camera

The best deer cam out there is called a cuddy back, I bought my other half one for christmas the run about $400.00. He has a couple of the $100.00 ones but they are not digital.
Look at this example picture I took off his camera.