Truck Tires

M

missperky

I just got a set of Yokahama-Geolander A/T tires put on my truck yesterday.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
BUT since we are on the subject..

FD, bike tires?

120/70 17

Right now running Metzler Sportech M-1

fddog

Bow wow
DoWhat said:
All I know without going out there and looking, 16in rims.
get the size and pm me, i'll get ya a price, Bad news you will have to drive to forestville to get them mounted

itsbob

I bowl overhand
fddog said:
do you want the samething back on it?
PROBABLY.. though don't like the replacing tires every 3 or 4 months, do like the performance.. Don't know much about tires, but have heard good things about Avon.. Just want to be sure my tire's aren't going to slip out from under me when sliding my knee through a corner.

fddog

Bow wow
itsbob said:
PROBABLY.. though don't like the replacing tires every 3 or 4 months, do like the performance.. Don't know much about tires, but have heard good things about Avon.. Just want to be sure my tire's aren't going to slip out from under me when sliding my knee through a corner.
i like bridgestone

Ponytail

DoWhat said:
All I know without going out there and looking, 16in rims.

I've got BFG Long Trail T/A's on my F250. I've got 55kmiles on them, and they look like they could easily take another 20k. They handeled the snow in Nova Scotia with out issue, and didn't do too badly in the little bit of mud that I've had them in. Good rain traction. Can't beat them for their long wear though. They're a bit pricey, but dang, if I can get 80,000 miles out of them, it's worth it.

The Geolanders have been around for quite some time and are gaining in popularity. I don't have any personal experience with them, but see them alot here in the 109 Parking lot and folks that I know that have them, seem to like them.

Dunlop maked a good tire for F/S trucks and SUVs too. My mom put them on her Exploder and they've been wearing really well too. Good wet traction. I just don't recall off the top of my head what they are.

fddog

Bow wow
itsbob said:
Can ya get me a price on the Sportech, and one or two others?? I'm thinking I won't be going with Metzler, but ya never know.
the purchasing guy is out i will get it for ya And let you know :yay:

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Thanks..

IF I actually get a refund this year.. doubtful.. will be looking for a complete set for the LR too.. have to get you the size!

itsbob

I bowl overhand
fddog said:
the purchasing guy is out i will get it for ya And let you know :yay:
Do you mount and balance bike tires too?

I know our members are getting tired of paying dealer prices.. ($260 for rear on my bike) and other then doing it ourselves we don't have many options. May be able to spread the word for you!

fddog

Bow wow
itsbob said:
Do you mount and balance bike tires too?

I know our members are getting tired of paying dealer prices.. ($260 for rear on my bike) and other then doing it ourselves we don't have many options. May be able to spread the word for you!
no we don't do bikes

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
Ponytail said:
I've got BFG Long Trail T/A's on my F250. I've got 55kmiles on them, and they look like they could easily take another 20k. They handeled the snow in Nova Scotia with out issue, and didn't do too badly in the little bit of mud that I've had them in. Good rain traction. Can't beat them for their long wear though. They're a bit pricey, but dang, if I can get 80,000 miles out of them, it's worth it.

The Geolanders have been around for quite some time and are gaining in popularity. I don't have any personal experience with them, but see them alot here in the 109 Parking lot and folks that I know that have them, seem to like them.

Dunlop maked a good tire for F/S trucks and SUVs too. My mom put them on her Exploder and they've been wearing really well too. Good wet traction. I just don't recall off the top of my head what they are.
Right now I have;
P265/75R16

Do you think it would be stupid to go with;
P275/70R16

A little height and width.