Rod 'N Reel

L

ladylara

i asked this in another thread but never got a response... so I thought I'd try here.

anyone been to the Rod 'n Reel's Friday night seafood buffet?

mAlice

professional daydreamer
ladylara said:
i asked this in another thread but never got a response... so I thought I'd try here.

anyone been to the Rod 'n Reel's Friday night seafood buffet?

Never heard of it. Where is it?

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
I go there a lot for lunch...take my grandma. I've gone there since I was a kid. Food is decent. It's gotten somewhat pricey now that it's a "resort" and there are "tourists" everywhere. The breakfast buffet is pretty good. We had my parents 50th anniverary party there a couple of years ago and it was done very nicely and the foood was great.

It's in Chesapeake Beach.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Isn't this the place who's owner shot and killed his ex girlfriend not to long ago?

sockgirl77

elaine said:
No wonder. Not my stompin' grounds.
:yeahthat: I was thinking of Tony Baden's. I was wondering when he got a restaurant. Last time I checked it was just a gas station/bait store and a laundry mat.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
RoseRed said:
Isn't this the place who's owner shot and killed his ex girlfriend not to long ago?

Nope. Buckmasters crab house. The little place that sits in the end of the parking lot.

Gerald Donovan, mayor of Chesapeake Beach, owns the Rod N Reel.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
cattitude said:
Nope. Buckmasters crab house. The little place that sits in the end of the parking lot.

Gerald Donovan, mayor of Chesapeake Beach, owns the Rod N Reel.
Thank you. I hope you are feeling better. :huggy:

Oz

You're all F'in Mad...
Rod n Reel is First Class! I like their weekend breakfast buffets! Had lunch and dinner there before, ordering from the menu, and the food was excellent!

sushisamba

Purrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Oz said:
Rod n Reel is First Class! I like their weekend breakfast buffets! Had lunch and dinner there before, ordering from the menu, and the food was excellent!
You need to get out more. Overpriced, average food. The place smells stale and the bar is littered with "tourists" playing the slot machines. Breakfast buffet is good, though. Kinda hard to screw up eggs, pork and potatoes.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
sushisamba said:
You need to get out more. Overpriced, average food. The place smells stale and the bar is littered with "tourists" playing the slot machines. Breakfast buffet is good, though. Kinda hard to screw up eggs, pork and potatoes.

Exactly. I've gone there on a pretty regular basis for the last 18 years for one reason or another and off and on since I was a kid. My grandmother used to ride the train to Chesapeake Beach from DC.

Now that they've redone the place and added the hotel, there are cheesy out of towners there gawking at everything and everyone. I liked it better years ago.

Oz

You're all F'in Mad...
sushisamba said:

That's a ridiculous comment.

Rod 'n Reel is first class. It has a great atmosphere and character. Eating overlooking the water can't be beat. Give me a community fixture like that any day.

Otter

Nothing to see here
Oz said:

Rod 'n Reel is first class. It has a great atmosphere and character. Eating overlooking the water can't be beat. Give me a community fixture like that any day.

Sorry to disagree, but Rod-N-Reel has always had so-so food for as long as I've been going there. The last few times we're gone, we sat outside at the outside bar for drinks and apps, the apps are fairly good but also way overpriced as compared to other restaurants.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
Oz said:

How often do you go? How long have you been going there? First class? No, definitely not. Better than it was 10 years ago I think though.