Yo Larry

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
Great setup. Do you take requests? How about "Creeping Death" or "Hellion/Electric Eye" or "Basket Case" or "Back in Black"? (Based on your guitars, I'm guessing that you play lefty like Hendrix and Paul McCartney.)

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Sum#####!!!!!

Ok, how do you like it?

Have you had any Marshalls in the past? Wonder how they compare.

What's in the cab, V30's?

I've had dirty dreams about Mesa's but never took the plunge...

H

HollowSoul

Larry Gude said:
Ok, how do you like it?

Have you had any Marshalls in the past? Wonder how they compare.

What's in the cab, V30's?

I've had dirty dreams about Mesa's but never took the plunge...
yes i have had marshalls,
and noooo not V30's....CEL 30's 4x12's
I have had allmost every amp that ever hit the market, and for the longest time i was satisfied with CRATE's Blue Voodoo line (with the GNX3/4)
once i upgraded..(seriously upgraded) to the Boss GT8 the CRATE just wasn't up to the challenge. So that is when i went to the JBL EON's and that setup sounded phenominal.
but at higher volume settings, the GT8 was wanting to push the JBl's too hard, so i went to Guitar center up in rockville and they let me occupy their sound room for a couple hours....
needless to say the mesa handled perfectly, and hookup to the GT8 using the 4cm (4 cable method) not only allows me to use the GT8's preamp, but with a step of a button i can switch off the 8's preamp and activate the mesas tubes or vice versa letting me use the 8 for it's effects only.
so in a gig situation i will let the mesa handle the primary load using the L/mono out and 1 JBL on the R/stereo out, this setup will allow me to punch in and out stereo effects such as chorus/echo/reverb
the 2nd JBL will be hooked into the headphones out on the 8 and pointed right at me for a stage monitor.

all i need now is to go wireless :whistle:

H

HollowSoul

Tonio said:
Great setup. Do you take requests? How about "Creeping Death" or "Hellion/Electric Eye" or "Basket Case" or "Back in Black"? (Based on your guitars, I'm guessing that you play lefty like Hendrix and Paul McCartney.)
actually hendrix played a right handed fender strung upside down with a filed down nut
i prefer to play true lefty