15 April, BBQ, Camping etc

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Just wanted to post another thread with the date in the heading.

Planning a week-end event at the house, all makes and models of bikes welcome.

BBQ, to include Bear Creek BBQ.. all the necessary extras.. Cole Slaw, Potato Salad.. Hamburgers, Hot Dogs.. drinks..

There will be an ongoing BMW Tech Day during the day(s), and if you need to do work on your bike you're welcome to use the tools and facilities to accomplish what you need to do. This is a SCHEDULED (not sponsored) BMWBMW (BMW Bikers of Metro Washington) club event, so accordingly it will be BMW heavy. The BBQ portion is a Tracey, Nicholas and Bob event.

Our Tech Days consist of normal maintenance: valve adjustment, fuel/oil/air filter changes all fluids.. etc.. and depending on what members need at the time could also include head gasket replacement, practically full rebuilds on older bikes, suspension/ shock replacement.. you name it, it's been done. You bring the oil/ fluids, and we should have all the tools you need. (Invest in a Clymers Manual for your bike, they are INVALUABLE!!)

Come on down get your bike ready for this seasons ride. Just let me know sometime before April if you are coming so I can plan accordingly.

Dutch6

"Fluffy world destroyer"
The lady in my life won't allow a motorcycle. But I wouldn't have one around here anyway. These car/truck/suv/anything else drivers are nuts. Can I borrow your BMW for the event Bob? :whistle:

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Dutch6 said:
The lady in my life won't allow a motorcycle. But I wouldn't have one around here anyway. These car/truck/suv/anything else drivers are nuts. Can I borrow your BMW for the event Bob? :whistle:

Are you a man or a mouse??

Squeak up!!

I will let you sit on mine and make Varoom Varoom sounds all you want.

Drivers around here aren't bad, as long as you can convince yourself that they are ALL out to kill you, and you drive accordingly.

Dutch6

"Fluffy world destroyer"
itsbob said:
Are you a man or a mouse??

Squeak up!!

I will let you sit on mine and make Varoom Varoom sounds all you want.

Drivers around here aren't bad, as long as you can convince yourself that they are ALL out to kill you, and you drive accordingly.
Squeak!

I'm already convinced they're out to kill me in my truck! It would be maddening on a bike. I had one for several years until they tried to kill me on three occasions. Vroom!!!! Meep-meep

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
Dutch6 said:
I'm already convinced they're out to kill me in my truck! It would be maddening on a bike. I had one for several years until they tried to kill me on three occasions. Vroom!!!! Meep-meep
I've only had one old lady try to run me over this week.
Any problem showing up with a 7 year old passenger?

itsbob

I bowl overhand
aps45819 said:
I've only had one old lady try to run me over this week.
Any problem showing up with a 7 year old passenger?
Not at all.. I'm sure my 12 year old will be there itching to go for a ride.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
Cool, if it's not raining the boy and I will be there.
You and the other beemer-philes can check out the cheap jap GS knock off. :lol:
My Givi bags are supposed to show up today and I'm getting a Cobra 75 WXST CB radio installed this weekend.
For some reason the Suzuki has a head light flasher switch. Going to use that for the PTT switch.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
aps45819 said:
Cool, if it's not raining the boy and I will be there.
You and the other beemer-philes can check out the cheap jap GS knock off. :lol:
My Givi bags are supposed to show up today and I'm getting a Cobra 75 WXST CB radio installed this weekend.
For some reason the Suzuki has a head light flasher switch. Going to use that for the PTT switch.
Lot of V-Strom lovers mingled in there.. think one of them has the 600(?) in his stable.. others have had the V-Strom in the past.

I'm in a holding pattern on buying more farkle for the bike. SOme new additions I want, just going to have to wait.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
it's a six fiddy, also called the wee strom.
I'm just trying to get it rideable :lol: It sux not being able to carry anything.
Getting a Givi V46 topcase and a couple of E45 sidecases.
Should be able to do my grocery shopping on the bike :lol:

Pete

Repete
aps45819 said:
it's a six fiddy, also called the wee strom.
I'm just trying to get it rideable :lol: It sux not being able to carry anything.
Getting a Givi V46 topcase and a couple of E45 sidecases.
Should be able to do my grocery shopping on the bike :lol:
How much space could SPAM, Metamucel and Ensure take up? :shrug:

:roflmao couldn't resist.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
Pete said:
How much space could chrome plated SPAM, chrome plated Metamucel and chrome plated Ensure take up? :shrug:
:confused: Aren't those Harly products?

:bawl: right now I couldn't carry one of each home

Last edited: