How many days

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
in a row is it okay to have a headache and not seek medical attention?
:insertjameoschickenlittlesmiliehere:

mainman

Set Trippin
bresamil said:
I had one for 16 years and never saw a Dr for it, threw her out and viola'...:instantcure:

mAlice

professional daydreamer
bresamil said:

If you have to ask this question, you should see a doc.

bresamil said:
There is a nasty bacterial sinus infection thingy going around in this county. It usually starts as a severe headache in the forehead area... possibly off to one side or the other. A few days later... it is followed by drainage in the throat and phlemy coughing that expectorant can't seem to touch. If this is what you end up with... I would say hit the doc when the phelm turns cloudy.

For now... you may want to take a decongestant with ibuprophren.

elaine said:
The only problem I have with this advice is that docs don't seem to be much help if you go in too soon. :ohwell:

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
elaine said:
But the over the counter meds keep it tolerable...it's only been 4 days.

Everyone around me is dropping like flies with some sort of flu.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
bresamil said:

My mother had recurring headaches before she died, wouldn't go to the doc for "just a headache". Brain tumor. Killed her.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
kwillia said:
There is a nasty bacterial sinus infection thingy going around in this county. It usually starts as a severe headache in the forehead area... possibly off to one side or the other. A few days later... it is followed by drainage in the throat and phlemy coughing that expectorant can't seem to touch. If this is what you end up with... I would say hit the doc when the phelm turns cloudy.

:yeahthat:

No cough here though. I thought it was viral though.

mainman

Set Trippin
bresamil said:

Do you wear glasses? Had any dental work lately?

jwwb2000

pretty black roses
kwillia said:

Getting over that crap as I type. That put me in bed for three days, only getting up to get some water or go to the bathroom.

cattitude said:
:yeahthat:

No cough here though. I thought it was viral though.
Well, we thought what hubby had was viral because he never ran a fever.... he went on with it for three weeks taking Mucinex and Claritin-D every 12 hours. He finally went to the doc on Monday afternoon and the doc said he let it go too long and had to put him on Biaxin which is a strong bacterial resporitory antibiotic. I started with this mess on Saturday and by Tuesday I recognized standard treatment wasn't touching it. I went to the doc on Tuesday and he agreed and put me on amoxicillin. I started getting better by the next day. Many different bugs can have the same symptoms. One has to watch for signs that regular rest and meds aren't helping. That's been the way I deal with it. :shrug: