What is a 1%'er?

camily

Peace
A friend of a friend died the other day and he was an Iron Horsemen. We have been trying to figure out what exactly a "1%'er" is. Anyone know the REAL meaning. We have heard some BS reasons but they don't make alot of sense. TIA

camily

Peace
MysticalMom said:
It simply means a hardcore biker type.
Pagans, Iron Horseman, Phantoms etc...are all referred to as 1%ers.
But there has to be a meaning to the 1% part. Why use that? Ya' know what I mean?

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
camily said:
But there has to be a meaning to the 1% part. Why use that? Ya' know what I mean?

I *think* that it goes something like this... 99% of bikers would think twice about killing someone or doing some sort of dastardly deed, but the remaining 1% have no qualms about it. Don't quote me on this though.

MysticalMom

Witchy Woman
camily said:

Well according to my old man who used to ride with the Maryland Knights,there's an old saying that only 1% of bikers are bad.

MysticalMom

Witchy Woman
RoseRed said:
I *think* that it goes something like this... 99% of bikers would think twice about killing someone or doing some sort of dastardly deed, but the remaining 1% have no qualms about it. Don't quote me on this though.

:yeahthat:

MysticalMom said:
It simply means a hardcore biker type.
Pagans, Iron Horseman, Phantoms etc...are all referred to as 1%ers.
The Iron Horseman are now but they didn't used to be back in the early 90's....but yes that is what it means,"that only 1% of all bikers are outlaws". And these dumbazzes go around flagging themselves as such.:duh: Hey look at me...I'm trouble.

camily said:
This is the link to the website. Take a look at the guestbook. They are talking about the guy I meant and they all refer to themselves and him as being a "1%'er" like it is part of their names.
http://www.ironhorsemen.net/
The Iron Horseman in MD used to be a seperate club...if memory serves me correctly they had to join in w/ the national Iron Horseman or change their name. Originally the center patch was different too.

Last edited:

camily

Peace
His pic is in the Independent today. He was actually a real nice guy. I met him once at Tailgates for the Super Bowl last year. Bought us a few rounds and talked for a bit. We were with the friends that knew him. Very sad deal, he had two kids I think.