This is the funniest thing...

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
...to me, anyway. Here goes my sister: She's getting married on Thursday.......in Las Vegas.....by an Elvis preacher.....and has invited us all to watch on webcam!
:roflmao:

I sent her an email and said, "Hey, Terri, while you're at it, why don't you put 'no gifts, just send money' on the invites?"

My folks are handling this well, I must say!

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
Actually I think that is really cool Vrai - webcam is amazing. A way of incvluding you all, without having the fuss of all the marriage arrangemnets. Besides, I have always said the only way I'd get married again is if Elvis himself performed my ceremony!:biggrin: :cool:

H

Heretic

The only way to go, spending $20k on a wedding is nuckin futs.

I know someone whose wedding cost $30k and they got an annulment 2 weeks later....she took her boyfriend with them on the honeymoon.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
not to be nosy, but

First marriage? How old are they?
I think it sounds kinda fun. Otter and I would really like to go to Vegas. If we ever get there, maybe we could have Elvis renew our vows!

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
They're 40-ish, second marriage for both. The Elvis preacher was actually my suggestion a few years back - the webcam is her own little touch of Omaha. :lol: Maybe I can get her to honeymoon at the Poconos in the Champagne Towers! :lmao:

Actually, *as she wipes the tears of mirth from her eyes* it's nice to see her having fun with it - her first marriage was 14 years of NO FUN!

JabbaJawz

Be about it
That's so funny!!! Hey...whatever suits her fancy!!! And very neat to bring technology in so that everyone can see!! Awesome!

Atir211

My hubby & I got married in Vegas - in my opinion, the weddings these days take the "true" meaning out of what it's about. The expensive gowns, the expensive receptions, etc. etc. only add to the pressure. What's it really about??? Two people in love sharing that one special moment with eachother. Sappy - I know, but really true. If your sis & her bo wanna do it up their way w/ the Elvis dude - who's to say it's wrong? NO ONE! It will give them something to remember and giggle about(and they'll need the giggles - every marriage does) Me, I'd have done the "drive thru wedding" if it had been open -

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
The invites she sent were via email - little webcards. When you opened it, it said, "We're in love! We're all shook up!" Then played the song - total kitsch! I LOVED it!

And I still got the last laugh because I caught hell for running away to get married, thereby reserving my "black sheep" status, and she barely got a rise out of the folks. :lol: I'm like, "Nice try, sister!" I've probably made them numb to anyone else's shenanigans...but the Elvis was a nice touch.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Originally posted by Heretic
Kitsch?

Sentimentality or vulgar, often pretentious bad taste, especially in the arts: “When money tries to buy beauty it tends to purchase a kind of courteous kitsch”

Just think of the father in "A Christmas Story" with the leg lamp - perfect example of kitsch! :lol:

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Originally posted by jazz lady
... Just think of the father in "A Christmas Story" with the leg lamp - perfect example of kitsch! :lol:
HEY!

I liked that lamp! :lmao:

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
Best wishes to your sister and her soon-to-be hubby Vrai. I must say that it's sparked my interest and I'd want to watch too. :biggrin:

watercolor

yeah yeah
Same from my end Vrai--Best of Luck and Happy Wishes for them both!

And Im with you Sharon-- that was something that tweaked my intrest also. :smile:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
So is she getting the "Blue Hawaii", "Rockabilly", "Las Vegas", "Elvis Special" or "Only Elvis" package??? :roflmao:

Last edited:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
"...but I....can't....help....falling in loooooooove with...you..."
:lmao:

She's doing the Las Vegas package with Elvis in the white jumpsuit. And she's seeing Charo's show afterward - Cuchie cuchie!

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Originally posted by vraiblonde
And she's seeing Charo's show afterward - Cuchie cuchie!

OMG - is she even still ALIVE??? :lol:

Every time I hear Charo's name, I think of the sketch from the "Carol Burnett Show" with Carol Burnett as her mom with the "dangling oranges" boobs. :roflmao: