Oh No DoWhat!

Mikeinsmd

crabcake said:
I believe NASCAR should make 2 new rules....

1. You sing the anthem, you sing it in a traditional fashion. No "artistic creativity"!!!! I wanna hear and understand the words!!!

2. Whoever gives the command to "START YOUR ENGINES!!!" must yell it is a strong, authoritative manner!!! Anyone saying a wimpy "start ur engines" shall be hung from the flagstand next to the loser who effed up the anthem.

:yay:

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
Agreed on both comments. :yay:

I'm slowly noting a new tradition ... not just in Nascar ... but in general across the board -- the eradication of any and all 'traditions'. :ohwell:

I think I shall have to have the TV on MUTE for the pre-green flag portion of the telecast.

What time does the race start? I have the Cub Scout Blue & Gold banquet that day (2 years in a row), and need to know if I need to set the VCR.

Mikeinsmd

Mikeinsmd said:
I believe NASCAR should make 2 new rules....
1. You sing the anthem, you sing it in a traditional fashion. No "artistic creativity"!!!! I wanna hear and understand the words!!!
2. Whoever gives the command to "START YOUR ENGINES!!!" must yell it is a strong, authoritative manner!!! Anyone saying a wimpy "start ur engines" shall be hung from the flagstand next to the loser who effed up the anthem. :yay:
Ok it was done correctly for the Shootout!! :yay:

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
huntr1 said:
I think I shall have to have the TV on MUTE for the pre-green flag portion of the telecast.

What time does the race start? I have the Cub Scout Blue & Gold banquet that day (2 years in a row), and need to know if I need to set the VCR.
1:30 Eastern Time ... that may be prerace though. Not sure. I always watch pre-race. :shrug: