Nascar crackdown

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
Knaus get sent home for cheating...again.
Penalties for excessive bump drafting this Sunday. Punishment to include a pass through up to parking it in the hauler. Mark Martin says the problem is with the "younger guys." I will translate for you "younger guys"=Kyle Busch. :azzhat:

Next up: pass interference when trying to block another car. :lmao:
Penalty: 15 car lengths or half the distance to the end of the longest line.

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
It wasn't just Kyle Busch. :nono: What I found funny was the first person to be :blahblah: about it post-race was guilty of the very same thing ... Tony Stewart! I can remember at least two times they had the on-car camera on the back of Hamlin's car showing Tony coming up and giving him a couple good taps. Then he wants to :bawl:and :baby: and whine about the bump-draft. :duh:

I didn't see a little man in the car with him holding a gun to his head making him do it. :confused:

Mikeinsmd

crabcake said:
It wasn't just Kyle Busch. :nono: What I found funny was the first person to be :blahblah: about it post-race was guilty of the very same thing ... Tony Stewart! I can remember at least two times they had the on-car camera on the back of Hamlin's car showing Tony coming up and giving him a couple good taps. Then he wants to :bawl:and :baby: and whine about the bump-draft. :duh: I didn't see a little man in the car with him holding a gun to his head making him do it. :confused:
:nono: :mad: Tony bump drafts, heck yea, but he does it on the straight stretches, not in the corners!! Bump drafting is the only way to make plate races interesting. Otherwise, the guy starting on the pole finishes 1st at the checkers.

Now on your knees and give me a :gossip: for that post. :jet:

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
I saw a good article about the NASCAR boys:

http://msn.foxsports.com/nascar/story/5328816

The drivers/crew chiefs ask NASCAR to crack down on the rule infractions, but when NASCAR does do something, like install electronic speed timers for drivers coming out of the pits too fast - at the driver's requests - then they baitch and moan about it.

"What'd you do that for?"

They can't have it both ways. These guys ought to be able to police themselves.

AndyMarquisLIVE

Drama at Daytona

Tony 'predicted' that somebody would die during Speedweeks. I think he was also making refference to NASCAR's decision to penalize Carl Edwards. If you are able to watch the replay on NASCAR, you'll see Johnson all but came to a dead hault directly in front of him and the high side was all blocked off. Carl's only logical decision was to go below the yellow line when they pitted so he did. He also returned those positions on track but NASCAR said he made the pass on Johnson and Shrub (Ky. Busch). His only other decision would have been to keep driving within NASCAR's playing field and take out half the field.

Brian France also came down hard on that decision, I don't know if anybody's been watching SPEEDweeks on SPEED. I sure as hell hope Tony's proven wrong on this issue, but it's looking likely.

I applaud Tony for making that remark. About a week ago, Harvick ripped Gordon for not being more vocal and now we have someone who will be.

It wasn't just Johnson and Shrub either, even though those damn Hendrick cars are responsible for 70% of the crashes in these races. Jamie McMurray was running out there like a pinball.

Something's going to happen during those twin qualifying races. Probably another Johnson-caused big one.

John Z

if you will
I'm not much of a NASCAR fan, but enjoy watching Daytona. It amused me greatly to hear a news story that for 2008, NASCAR will switch to unleaded gas. I had no idea that they use leaded gas still! :lol: Do they still use bias ply tires, by the way?

AndyMarquisLIVE

Penn said:
I saw a good article about the NASCAR boys:

http://msn.foxsports.com/nascar/story/5328816

The drivers/crew chiefs ask NASCAR to crack down on the rule infractions, but when NASCAR does do something, like install electronic speed timers for drivers coming out of the pits too fast - at the driver's requests - then they baitch and moan about it.

"What'd you do that for?"

They can't have it both ways. These guys ought to be able to police themselves.
It all depends on the driver it seems. NASCAR had to suspend Chad Knaus because they've let him off in the past. These guys have to learn. NASCAR suspended Todd Berrier 4 races last year for something far less detremential to the sport than some of the crap Knaus has gotten a slap on the wrist for.

NASCAR has to be just as harsh on other teams and drivers as they are on certain ones: Harvick, Hmiel, Earnhardt, Edwards, Martin.

They also need to start suspending drivers and taking wins from these guys if they're caught winning on an infraction. I've only seen NASCAR disqualify a race winner one time ... Dale Jarrett in Michigan back in either 1996 or 97 in the NASCAR Busch Series. Thart win went to runner-up Mark Martin. NASCAR has also suspended Kevin Harvick for something that Kurt Busch has admitted to doing. Look up 2002, Martinsville.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
Nascar is going to establish "NO ZONES" where they are going to use extra cameras and personnel to keep an eye on the action. A lot of the calls are going to end being subjective so expect a lot of whining from any penalized driver/ owner/ crew chief.

Bustem' Down

Give Peas a Chance
kom526 said:
Nascar is going to establish "NO ZONES" where they are going to use extra cameras and personnel to keep an eye on the action. A lot of the calls are going to end being subjective so expect a lot of whining from any penalized driver/ owner/ crew chief.
And fans

AndyMarquisLIVE

No Zones

That would be just plain stupid. The yellow-line rule for Daytona and Talladega has actually created more crashes than not. Drivers are going to block at Daytona and I know when I'm on SIM-Racing I do whatever it takes to defend that lead. When you're at Daytona, you want to lead every lap and when the race. And the dominating performance Tony Stewart had in July makes that almost seem possible. There is also so much pressure for that lead and you honestly feel as though you won't get it back if you lose it. That's called racing, and NASCAR is trying to stop the fastest car from winning.

gumby

I AM GUMBY DAMMIT
AndyMarquisLIVE said:
Tony 'predicted' that somebody would die during Speedweeks. I think he was also making refference to NASCAR's decision to penalize Carl Edwards. If you are able to watch the replay on NASCAR, you'll see Johnson all but came to a dead hault directly in front of him and the high side was all blocked off. Carl's only logical decision was to go below the yellow line when they pitted so he did. He also returned those positions on track but NASCAR said he made the pass on Johnson and Shrub (Ky. Busch). His only other decision would have been to keep driving within NASCAR's playing field and take out half the field.

Brian France also came down hard on that decision, I don't know if anybody's been watching SPEEDweeks on SPEED. I sure as hell hope Tony's proven wrong on this issue, but it's looking likely.

I applaud Tony for making that remark. About a week ago, Harvick ripped Gordon for not being more vocal and now we have someone who will be.

It wasn't just Johnson and Shrub either, even though those damn Hendrick cars are responsible for 70% of the crashes in these races. Jamie McMurray was running out there like a pinball.

Something's going to happen during those twin qualifying races. Probably another Johnson-caused big one.

He could have followed the rules and let off and went down pit road at a slower pace.

MMDad

Lem Putt
John Z said:
It amused me greatly to hear a news story that for 2008, NASCAR will switch to unleaded gas. I had no idea that they use leaded gas still! :lol:

They finally decided to stop contributing to the 'necks. They found a direct correlation between lead intake and putting rebel flags on broke down pickemup trucks.

MMDad

Lem Putt
MMDad said:
They finally decided to stop contributing to the 'necks. They found a direct correlation between lead intake and putting rebel flags on broke down pickemup trucks.

It took three minutes to get red for this. Bring it on 'necks! I love red!!!

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
gumby said:
He could have followed the rules and let off and went down pit road at a slower pace.
:yeahthat: Exactly! I watched the scenario in slow motion a couple times. Technically, he DID pass below the yellow b/c neither JJ nor KB had crossed the commit line to pit road yet, thus they were still "in play" to move back up the track if they chose to do so. Carl chose to zip on around and in front of them and back up on the track ... he could've created just a big a wreck doing that as if he'd have just cut right n the first place. :ohwell:

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
This morning on ESPN, they had Jimmy Johnson "In The Hot Seat", and I heard him say he was not aware that his crew chief had done anything to his car that NASCAR would deem illegal.

He also predicted that if he didn't win the Daytona 500, Jeff Gordon would.

Pete

Repete
Penn said:
This morning on ESPN, they had Jimmy Johnson "In The Hot Seat", and I heard him say he was not aware that his crew chief had done anything to his car that NASCAR would deem illegal.

He also predicted that if he didn't win the Daytona 500, Jeff Gordon would.
I would have to call him a :liar: Unless of course he is as dumb as a brick and just shows up and steers and really has no clue what the curly thing and the shiny thingamabob over there by the really neato whatchamacallit do. :ohwell:

Pete

Repete
crabcake said:
:yeahthat: Exactly! I watched the scenario in slow motion a couple times. Technically, he DID pass below the yellow b/c neither JJ nor KB had crossed the commit line to pit road yet, thus they were still "in play" to move back up the track if they chose to do so. Carl chose to zip on around and in front of them and back up on the track ... he could've created just a big a wreck doing that as if he'd have just cut right n the first place. :ohwell:
Spirit and intent of the rule needs to be taken into account. Edwards was attempting to avoid a dangerous situation while traveling about 1 football field per second. If it clearly was not his "intent" to pass under the yellow line to gain a position then he did not break the spirit and intent of the rule.

I have always thought that NASCAR does not care very much for Jack Roush because he wont genuflect and ass smooch them so they have no reservation at all at whacking him whenever they think they can.