The Lighthouse

OrneryPest

lower life form
My wife and I just got done dining at The Lighthouse in Solomons. We were gonna do Harbor Sounds but they seemed to be closed for changing management or renovation or some such hogwash, so we backtracked and did The Lighthouse.

It was great!

Our Calamari appetizer was perfect.

My Caesar salad was, well, perhaps second to the Dry Dock World Famous Caesar Salad, but still excellent. My wife reports that they did her salad with Bleu Cheese (or Greun Cheese, or whatever you call the awful stuff) just great.

I had their Special Mixed Seafood Grill which was sorta like a coupla shishkabobblies of shrimp and scallops and stuff like that, and a nice big fish fillet. It was great. My wife had one of their other specials, some sorta exotic South Pacific Superfish, or whatever. She obviously thought highly of it because she's now Seriously In The Mood.

Service was perfect. Suitably relaxed. They let us catch a breath or two between courses. If you're in a big huffy-puffy hurry, don't dine there.

They've certainly come a long ways since they first opened a whole buncha years ago when they were putting on pretentious airs of being hoity-toity super-gourmet but the food wasn't all that great and the service was downright snooty. Thank goodness they've recovered from those days!

But anyhow, my wife and I have gotta get down to Serious Business now. See ya!

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
Lighthouse has always been a wannabe, IMO. Lotsa hype. Glad to hear they've improved. They needed to.

Dry Dock has consistantly been the BEST! :yay: Never had a bad meal, never a complaint, never had bad service in all the years I've been dining there.

Five Star food; casual dining; nothing on Solomon's Island comes close.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Sharon said:
Lighthouse has always been a wannabe, IMO. Lotsa hype. Glad to hear they've improved. They needed to.

Dry Dock has consistantly been the BEST! :yay: Never had a bad meal, never a complaint, never had bad service in all the years I've been dining there.

Five Star food; casual dining; nothing on Solomon's Island comes close.
:yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay:

Fred Hoeck

My wife and I think the Lighthouse food quality is not as good as it used to be. Also, the service is not as good as it was years ago. It seems to be morphing into a casual restaurant. People come in dressed like they were going to Outback of Applebee's.
May try it again with their early bird specials. But nothing is any good here anymore. Evan's is gone. All that is left are chains.

Otter

Nothing to see here
Fred Hoeck said:
My wife and I think the Lighthouse food quality is not as good as it used to be. Also, the service is not as good as it was years ago. It seems to be morphing into a casual restaurant. People come in dressed like they were going to Outback of Applebee's.

:yeahthat: It has definitely gone downhill since I first went there 15 yrs ago. I could care less how people dress as long as the food and service is good. Last few times we have gone(during the summer), we're sat outside and had drinks and appetizers.