Baked crab with cheese??

robbie

My guys love this dish that we get when we go to buffets in Waldorf like Yums and Hong Kong but I don't know how to make it. Its crab with a cream cheese like in it and cheese on top all baked. Maybe its mayo inside, dunno.
Any ideas?

camily

Peace
1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup mayonnaise
3 tablespoons milk
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
dash cayenne pepper or Tabasco sauce, or to taste
1 can (7 1/2 oz) crabmeat, drained, cartilage removed, finely chopped
PREPARATION:

In a small bowl, combine cream cheese, mayonnaise, milk, salt, garlic powder, and cayenne pepper or Tabasco sauce to taste. Gently stir in chopped crab. Chill and serve crab dip with chips, crackers, or raw vegetable dippers.

Maybe that's it?

robbie

thanks, but it sorta sounds like it but its not a dip. They make it with the big imitation crab chunks. I probably could revise this recipe and try it.
thanks.

K_Jo

Pea Brain
PREMO Member
robbie said:
thanks, but it sorta sounds like it but its not a dip. They make it with the big imitation crab chunks. I probably could revise this recipe and try it.
thanks.
:shocking: :faint:

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
camily said:
1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup mayonnaise
3 tablespoons milk
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
dash cayenne pepper or Tabasco sauce, or to taste
1 can (7 1/2 oz) crabmeat, drained, cartilage removed, finely chopped
PREPARATION:

In a small bowl, combine cream cheese, mayonnaise, milk, salt, garlic powder, and cayenne pepper or Tabasco sauce to taste. Gently stir in chopped crab. Chill and serve crab dip with chips, crackers, or raw vegetable dippers.

Maybe that's it?
My mom makes something similar, but she bakes it for 35-45 mins and then serves hot. If I wasn't so sick, this might sound good.
:barf: :barf:

T

tikipirate

Sorry that us locals don't know how to cook crab as well as a Waldorf buffet.