Knaus Out For 3 More Races?

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
http://http://msn.foxsports.com/nascar/story/5329410

<TABLE class=bdy cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=770 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD height=5></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE class=bdy cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=770 border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD width=10> Knaus Suspended Three More Races, Fined $25K</TD><TD width=440><!-- search:</noindex> --><SCRIPT> if(fanid.length > 0 && typeof(nflDefaultLeague)!= "undefined") { leagueId = nflDefaultLeague; //find teamId of default league (if exists) for(var i=0; i < teamsInfo.length; i++){ if(teamsInfo[4] == leagueId){ defaultTeamId = teamsInfo[0]; } } var fantasyLeaguePlayerJsPath = 'http://msnfantasy.foxsports.com' + '/nugget/200002_' + leagueId + '|||' + fanid; } </SCRIPT>CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) - NASCAR suspended crew chief Chad Knaus for three more races Tuesday and fined him $25,000 for making an illegal modification to Jimmie Johnson's car during preparation for the Daytona 500.

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Last edited:

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
Cheese-n-rice :duh: 3 more races? Thought they said they weren't taking into account previous incidents from last season ... that they were starting the season off on a new page. :duh:

Dutch6

"Fluffy world destroyer"
crabcake said:
Cheese-n-rice :duh: 3 more races? Thought they said they weren't taking into account previous incidents from last season ... that they were starting the season off on a new page. :duh:
NASCAR is becoming a goodie two shoes weekend ratings show. It was started and built by good ole boy but now it's getting to were it sucks. The powers to be are only worried about the money. Damn this sucks...... You know? They all cheat. Knaus just keeps getting caught...

crabcake

Dutch6 said:
They all cheat. Knaus just keeps getting caught...
Exactly! :clap: He's not the only one who does it ... But they need to make the punishment fit the crime and apply it consistently. :boo: They said they weren't taking into account previous incidents, yet, with a 4 week suspension, they clearly are taking it into account. If that's the case, nobody else better try to pull something over on the officials or Kirk Shelmerdine might actually have a chance at winning a race. :lmao:

Pete

Repete
Dutch6 said:
Another handful of Tonys out there and it might get fun again.
They don't have any personality anymore. All a bunch of milk toast homogenized spokes models. The whole deal is money money money. Pay for track pass, buy our sunglasses, buy a $5 hat for $35, subscribe to this, buy that, official toilet paper of NASCAR, official soft drink of NASCAR, official laxative of NASCAR, the official homeimprovementcellphonechickensammichofficesupply laundrydetergentfriedchickentacosaladbarofsoap of NASCAR.

EFF when will it end? Tickets cost a weeks pay, merchandise, pompous drivers, high priced rigs, field fillers, lost sponsorships, broke race teams. It is a mega yuppie marketing machine. Makes me want to throw my Official Mochacino latte of NASCAR in the trash.

Over to Mary in the booth. "Thanks Jerry we have received word that Jeff Gordon's last bowel movement was retrieved from the porta potty near his garage stall. Careful examination reveled 7 visible kernels of undigested corn. We are not sure what that means but we got it for you first. :yay:

Dutch6

"Fluffy world destroyer"
Pete said:
They don't have any personality anymore. All a bunch of milk toast homogenized spokes models. The whole deal is money money money. Pay for track pass, buy our sunglasses, buy a $5 hat for $35, subscribe to this, buy that, official toilet paper of NASCAR, official soft drink of NASCAR, official laxative of NASCAR, the official homeimprovementcellphonechickensammichofficesupply laundrydetergentfriedchickentacosaladbarofsoap of NASCAR.

EFF when will it end? Tickets cost a weeks pay, merchandise, pompous drivers, high priced rigs, field fillers, lost sponsorships, broke race teams. It is a mega yuppie marketing machine. Makes me want to throw my Official Mochacino latte of NASCAR in the trash.

Over to Mary in the booth. "Thanks Jerry we have received word that Jeff Gordon's last bowel movement was retrieved from the porta potty near his garage stall. Careful examination reveled 7 visible kernels of undigested corn. We are not sure what that means but we got it for you first. :yay:
:yay:

crabcake

Pete said:

That was a good post ... up until the part about Jeff Gordon's crap. :dead:

Pete

Repete
crabcake said:
Perhaps they figured his latest foray with the rulebook was so egregious he needed to be smacked down.

We are not talking about a spring that was 1/4 inch too short or a seat belt with an expired inspection tag, or a fuel cell that was an 1/8 inch too big. From what it sounds like it was a complex mechanism purposely designed and installed with flagrant disregard to the rules.

Pushing the envelope is one thing, 1/64th of an inch shaved her, 1/32 tucked there but these guys know exactly WTF is outright cheating. He did it, he pays.

crabcake

His rear windshield was angled off by 1/2 an inch. :ohwell: And he didn't take the pole or anything ...

Compared to previous penalties, I think it's a bit extreme. Do I believe JJ didn't know about it? Of course not. But every team cheats ... the microscope's just on him and his 'league' more b/c of their performance, IMO.

Pete

Repete
crabcake said:
His rear windshield was angled off by 1/2 an inch. :ohwell: And he didn't take the pole or anything ...

Compared to previous penalties, I think it's a bit extreme. Do I believe JJ didn't know about it? Of course not. But every team cheats ... the microscope's just on him and his 'league' more b/c of their performance, IMO.
Reports were it was a device that pushed the window up 3/4 of an inch. 3/4 of an inch in NACAR today is like the difference between a 2.3L inline 4 cylinder and 358CI V8. It is HUGE. Knaus guessed wrong and it didn't get him the pole but rest assured he did not modify the rear window just to qualify 5th.

Not every team "cheats" :ohwell: Some use every milimeter in the rule book, some get creative, but they don't alter the cars to the point they get whacked.

As far as JJ and his "league" getting more scrutiny because of their performance I disagree. EVERY car goes through the templates, measurements and inspection. EVERY car, from the 48 to the 90. NASCAR even randomly selects from each make for in depth inspections after the race.

One thing is for sure, until NASCAR re-grows some balls like thay had in the old days and sends one of these "darling prince's" home the day before the race for violations with his car on the trailer disassembled in boxes, it will continue.

Tell me Hendrick gave 2 shiats about a $25K fine. :rolleyes: Knaus is going to do everything as normal, probably even be on the phone with the crew chief during the race. So he wont be there in person, big woop, he is certainly not being subjected to the "intent" of his banning.

Otter

Nothing to see here
crabcake said:

With all the announcers hysteria during the race worrying about front fenders being 1/4 inch out of whack, I would hazard a guess that 1/2 inch diff in the rear window probably meant quite a bit, too.

Really isn't anything other than NASCAR setting the tone for the season..cheating, if caught, will be dealt with severely. Think it would have been the same for anyone that got nabbed last week doing the same thing as Knaus. Really isn't a big deal, the crew did fine without his presence last weekend.

Last edited:

crabcake

otter said:
With all the announcers hysteria during the race worrying about front fenders being 1/4 inch out of whack, I would hazard a guess that 1/2 inch diff in the rear window probably meant quite a bit, too.

Really isn't anything other than NASCAR setting the tone for the season..cheating, if caught, will be dealt with severely. Think it would have been the same for anyone that got nabbed last week doing the same thing as Knaus. Really isn't a big deal, the crew did fine without his presence last weekend.
That's why I'm not worried about it (his team is solid) ... but make no mistake; I don't like him cheating and I don't condone it, and I was rather vocal about that during the post-qualifying discussion over the coffee machine last week ... but it seems every week, someone's doing it ... becoming standard practice anymore. :ohwell:

As much as it'd suck, I'd have liked to see them just sit JJ out for the 500 -- penalize the WHOLE team ... not just one person. That's the only thing I think will make others sit up and take notice. :ohwell:

AndyMarquisLIVE

crabcake said:

Knaus has violated rules often before and NASCAR's let him off with just a fine. Johnson's never been penalized points.

This isnt the sirst time they've suspended crew-chiefs either. Look up Todd Berrier. An NASCAR.com accused Harvick of cheating when he won from last at Bristol.

I agree however that alot of teams to this day are getting away with alot. There's things that Newman, Johnson and Gordon are getting away with.

AndyMarquisLIVE

On that note...

... Chad Knaus didn't intentionally turn a car around at 190 mph in the middle of a 30 car cluster****. :whistle:

Sure Johnson's caused wrecks, but he didn't do so intentionally, or he did a good job covering up his intentions. :coffee: