Will Penicillin Help my tooth pain?

Geek

I am going to need a root canal and I had horrible pain, took penicillin the dentist gave me and some naproxen, pain is getting better. Could it be the penicillin helping? I am not supposed to take any form of motrin because it kills my stomach, but I had to do something last night. Has anyone had the penicillin help with tooth pain? TIA

CMC122

Go Braves!
Your tooth pain is most probably cause by an infection, so yeah penicillin will temporarily help it.

mainman

Set Trippin
Geek said:
I am going to need a root canal and I had horrible pain, took penicillin the dentist gave me and some naproxen, pain is getting better. Could it be the penicillin helping? I am not supposed to take any form of motrin because it kills my stomach, but I had to do something last night. Has anyone had the penicillin help with tooth pain? TIA
You were given the pen to make sure the infection is gone, I'm sure it's helping if it is getting rid of an infection...

Geek

I have some scary good pain meds from my meningitis, so I was very proud I only took the naproxen at 1:30 am :yay:

baileydog

I wanna be a SMIB
You have GOOD stuff and you let yourself suffer in pain. No way. When all else fails take a happy pill.