Mexico Restaurant - Waldorf

John Z

if you will
This place is pretty good. It is located in Waldorf, in the Festival Shopping Center. It occupies part of the old Crown Book store. Like La Toltecca, it is a chain, but the only location that is in this area (with Mexico Restaurant, their other locations are all in the Richmond area).

From the front, it looks like it might be a carry-out place. But there is a lot of seating, all beyond the large entryway. There's a bar there too; though I didn't see anybody there when I went. Big menu, good food, and decent prices.

Anybody else try it?

LPMEDIC

Doin the duty for you....
very good

I tried it a couple weeks ago. It was very good and the prices were very reasonable. It is very similiar to Monterey here in San Souci.

SxyPrincess

:barf: Went there last week for dinner and it totally sucked. Our waitress was horrible, the food tasted nasty, and we hard the hardest time trying to get re-fills. Guess the fact that nobody in the restaurant who worked there spoke any decent English didn't help much. :rolleyes: Go to Taco Bell instead.

:boo: :boo: :boo:

pilot

Originally posted by SxyPrincess
Guess the fact that nobody in the restaurant who worked there spoke any decent English didn't help much.

Gee, I would have thought that would be a plus. You know, more authentic. :smile:

Cheerios

Mexican Place in Acton Square or Berkely Square??

the shopping center where the Shell use to be - on the right side going north - usually packed, about the most variation on real mexican food since I lived in Southern Calif.and I think the most expensive for a big meal is around $6.00 - $7.00 - so good for those with large families - kids etc.

John Z

if you will
"Mexico Restaurant" (yeah, a pretty lame name IMO) is the one in the Festival Shopping center, near the Panera Bread and Chuck E. Cheese.

The one in Berkely Square (I think that is the shopping center - where the Red Wing Shoes is) is called La Tolteca. I like that one too. It is much smaller than Mexico Restaurant, but similarly tasty and modestly priced.

Interestingly (maybe not), both are chain restuarants that have all their other locations in southern VA. La Tolteca has its other places in Norfolk/Newport News area. Mexico Restaurant has its other locations in the Richmond area.

Cheerios

Taco Bell

Since I don't eat beef - I still have found Taco Bells seven layer burrito and their fiesta chicken salad - great = hard to find too - and love their raspberry ice tea -

mainman

Set Trippin
I have eaten at this Mexico Rest. only once when it first opened up. I ordered fajitas and the meat was panfried not grilled. Lame. I have not been back..

B

Bahamie

I really love Loredo's In White Plains. Never had a bad time there.
And it is always very quite there.

Highly recommended to anyone who loves Mexican Food

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Originally posted by Bahamie
I really love Loredo's In White Plains. Never had a bad time there.
And it is always very quite there.

Highly recommended to anyone who loves Mexican Food
I would agree, but have they cleaned the place up? The last time I was in there, it was dirty, really dirty. If the bathrooms and dining area are that bad, how much worse can the kitchen be?

John Z

if you will
My wife and I went to Laredo's once. I agree with Rose, it is dirty. Plus there were chicken bones in my wife's burrito (and not just regular bones, little vertabrae, mmm tasty).

So needless to say, we'll never go back. Until La Toltecca and Mexico Restaurant arrived, I was bummed that there were no tex-mex places. Now I'm just waiting for Laredo's to shrivel up and blow away....

chance20

I enjoy it.

The negative reviews surprise me, I eat there occassionally with the family, and enjoy it. My wife tried Loredo's once and hated it. Funny others here recommend it over Mexico Rest.

greyhound

Oh and La Tolteca...The maryland locations are also not listed on the chain website. There was a discussion on a newspaper messageboard about restaurants using chain names.

lastoltecas.com

vanbells

Pookieboo!!!
Oh and La Tolteca...The maryland locations are also not listed on the chain website. There was a discussion on a newspaper messageboard about restaurants using chain names.

LA TOLTECA MEXICAN RESTAURANTS - AUTHENTIC MEXICAN FOOD

look at the logo. It says La Tonalteca, but the domain name is different. Maybe it's just different names like Jimmy Buffet restaurants.

I think the La Tolteca in La Plata and Waldorf is locally owned. Actually, there might be one in Fairfax.

greyhound

look at the logo. It says La Tonalteca, but the domain name is different. Maybe it's just different names like Jimmy Buffet restaurants.

I think the La Tolteca in La Plata and Waldorf is locally owned. Actually, there might be one in Fairfax.

I missed that difference in the logo and the domain name...wonder why it is like that? There used to be a La Tolteca in Salisbury and one in PF.

Rumrnr

....where's the rum?
Laredos

I would agree, but have they cleaned the place up? The last time I was in there, it was dirty, really dirty. If the bathrooms and dining area are that bad, how much worse can the kitchen be?

Freaking Scary! I've been in there and it's frightening.... that is all I will say.

ocean733

I have been there quite a few times. I liked the food (but I'm not picky). However, every time I have been there, it takes them very long to first approach our table. And then forever to get the food.

One night, my ex-boyfriend's family took his father out for his birthday and brought a cake for them to bring out to him after the meal. They delivered it to another table and those people ate it. :ohwell: