Just adopted a cat!

Geek

Just today, after much thought we found the perfect adult cat and adopted her from a rescue. She is here in her wing of the house and she is so scared. She is hiding under the hutch. We are giving her space. I put food, water, and litter close by. I can not wait until she is comfortable and walking around like a queen. Any suggestions about getting her comfortable?

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
Geek said:
Just today, after much thought we found the perfect adult cat and adopted her from a rescue. She is here in her wing of the house and she is so scared. She is hiding under the hutch. We are giving her space. I put food, water, and litter close by. I can not wait until she is comfortable and walking around like a queen. Any suggestions about getting her comfortable?
You're doing the right thing. Give her space and time to adjust.

MysticalMom

Witchy Woman
Yep. What Bre said. Just give her time and space to figure out y'all love her and don't want to hurt her. Then love her alot.

Pandora

My husband just rescued a stray that had been living under our deck here for weeks. She has been here for 5-days and still hides. The vet told us it is just going to take time. She is very lovable once you catch her and her and my dog has a “thing” going on now with her. They just cuddle all the time.

Attachments

• DSCF0334.JPG
    DSCF0334.JPG
    48.4 KB · Views: 141
  • DSCF0333.JPG
    DSCF0333.JPG
    48.6 KB · Views: 145
Last edited:
K

Kain99

I'm not a big cat lover but... I'm awake! snuggle the kitty. :huggy:

Geek

Well, I am just heartsick now. I went in at 6:00am while the whole house was asleep to see her and maybe she would come to me. Moved the hutch, no cat, moved the dry bar, no cat, laundry room, bathroom, not cat. I found a piece of the wall shelf broken, that leads into the furnace, under the house, tiny hole to crawl space, she busted through the crawl space door and now she is gone. I don't even know what to do. I drove around, called for her but she does not even know me. I don't know what to do. She could be anywhere. She has always been an indoor cat. I looking in the surrounding buildings and I will put up signs but I don't even have her picture. I thought I was doing the right thing...Now she is gone. Town Creek black and white kitty with hot pink collar with rabies tag. She is microchipped and very afraid. Anyone pleaase pm me...I am off to lost and found Please pray for the cat.

Pandora

My suggestions

Put some food and water outside and check it and see if she comes back.

Make sure you tell the neighbors to be on the look out, maybe they could put some food and water out

Call the Sheriff's Office, I believe down here the Humane Society is on call over the weekend.

If, gawd forbid, she is still missing tomorrow, call any and all shelters. The one smart thing you have to consider is the kitty is chipped. That really increases her chances of being able to be returned.

Good luck :huggy: