Egg-ravation

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I got some of those Land O' Lakes Omega 3 eggs and made hardboiled eggs this morning. They don't peel properly :mad: I took off half the egg white in the process, which annoyed me to no end.

So there's your tip for the day: Omega 3 eggs don't work well hardboiled.

Trunk Monkey

Defender of the Blonde
vraiblonde said:
I got some of those Land O' Lakes Omega 3 eggs and made hardboiled eggs this morning. They don't peel properly :mad: I took off half the egg white in the process, which annoyed me to no end.

So there's your tip for the day: Omega 3 eggs don't work well hardboiled.
That's why the egg salad today was kind of crunchy.

Trunk Monkey

Defender of the Blonde
Oh, I forgot to tell you that while you were out this morning that annoying human selling Direct TV systems called again. I blew the whistle into the phone like you showed me.

BOHDEN

Trunk Monkey said:
Oh, I forgot to tell you that while you were out this morning that annoying human selling Direct TV systems called again. I blew the whistle into the phone like you showed me.
GREAT TIP WILL USE ON ALL SALES PEOPLE NOW :lalala:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Pandora said:
It doesn't matter what the hell kind of eggs I use, they don't peel well for me, EVER.
Mine typically peel like a champ. I worked in a bar where we put out homemade pickled eggs, so I am something of an egg-peeling expert. :lol:

But these things - yikes.

Airgasm, I noticed that the membrane between the shell and the egg was VERY thin. I think that had something to do with it. Could that be possible?

Agee

vraiblonde said:
Airgasm, I noticed that the membrane between the shell and the egg was VERY thin. I think that had something to do with it. Could that be possible?
Could be, usually it's the membrane that sticks to the whites, and causes the un-ruley peeling. Perhaps the "ice water trick" would help with your special eggs...

I'm curious as to what makes them "Omega 3"? Chickens diet, special Omega 3 chickens, injecting the chickens with fish oil? :shrug:

jwwb2000

pretty black roses
Pandora said:
Thank you... Thank you.... Thank you....

I knew there had to be some trick to this.

It doesn't matter what the hell kind of eggs I use, they don't peel well for me, EVER.

Try peeling them while hot under cold running water. works like a champ for me everytime :yay:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Airgasm said:
Perhaps the "ice water trick" would help with your special eggs...
That's what I typically do and it shrinks the egg so the membrane and shell slide right off.

Omega 3 eggs are from chickens with some special diet. Supposed to be good for your heart or some such. I think it's probably hooey and just a marketing gimmick. The eggs don't taste any different than normal.

mainman

Set Trippin
vraiblonde said:
That's what I typically do and it shrinks the egg so the membrane and shell slide right off.

Omega 3 eggs are from chickens with some special diet. Supposed to be good for your heart or some such. I think it's probably hooey and just a marketing gimmick. The eggs don't taste any different than normal.
If the eggs tasted different you would ##### about em tasting different. You have been eating eggs for some 50 years and they have always tasted the same, they are better for your heart cause you are using more energy to peel them dumbass...:roflmao:

willie

Julia's double cooking method is a PIA. Boil then simmer (covered) for 12 minutes then cool with ice. Perfect eggs and easy to peel every time. The dark line around the yolk is from overcooking.

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
Shoot, all I do is bring the eggs to a boil, turn the heat off, cover the eggs, wait a little bit, pour the hot water out of the pot and replace with cold water, come back later and peel. Perfect every time. :lmao: