Isn't NASCAR Getting A Little Picky?

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
http://msn.foxsports.com/nascar/story/5368994

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=440 border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD>News release /
<!-- Meta Tag For Search --><!-- meta name="author" content="News release"--><!-- meta name="source" content="Blank"--><!-- meta name="eventId" content=""--><!-- meta name="contentTypeCode" content="1"--><!-- meta name="editorContentCode" content="1"--><!-- meta name="blurb" content=""--><!-- meta name="modDate" content="February 28, 2006 21:21:57 GMT"-->Posted: 6 hours ago<SCRIPT> // front-end hack to remove postedTime from Rumors page until a better way can be determined if (document.URL.indexOf("/name/FS/rumors") != -1) document.getElementById("postedTime").style.display = 'none'; </SCRIPT> </TD><TD width=10> </TD><TD align=right><!--this is for sponsorships or brandings--><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" align=right border=0><TBODY><TR><TD><!-- workingCategoryId: 167--></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<TABLE class=bdy cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=770 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD height=5></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE class=bdy cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=770 border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD width=10></TD><TD width=440><!-- search:</noindex> --><SCRIPT> if(fanid.length > 0 && typeof(nflDefaultLeague)!= "undefined") { leagueId = nflDefaultLeague; //find teamId of default league (if exists) for(var i=0; i < teamsInfo.length; i++){ if(teamsInfo[4] == leagueId){ defaultTeamId = teamsInfo[0]; } } var fantasyLeaguePlayerJsPath = 'http://msnfantasy.foxsports.com' + '/nugget/200002_' + leagueId + '|||' + fanid; } </SCRIPT>DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. - NASCAR announced today that four penalties have been issued to two NASCAR Busch Series teams, as a result of rules violations this past weekend at California Speedway.

Three penalties were assessed to the No. 17 Ford team for violations of Sections 12-4-A (actions detrimental to stock car racing), 12-4-Q (car, car parts, components and/or equipment that do not conform to NASCAR rules), and 20A-12.1B (2) (unapproved rear jacking bolts, incorrect thread count) of the 2006 NASCAR Busch Series Rule Book. Crew chief Chad Norris was fined $10,000; driver Matt Kenseth was penalized with the loss of 25 driver championship points; and car owner Jack Roush was penalized 25 owner championship points. These rules violations were discovered during opening day inspection.</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

MyDarlin

MyDarlin
well, everyone else managed to follow the rules, which are not new, so why does the #17 team have such difficulty? I think everyone is trying to push the limit, but NASCAR does have limits and they are defined in the rules which must be followed and penalized when broken.
my 2cents

ericw

MyDarlin said:
well, everyone else managed to follow the rules, which are not new, so why does the #17 team have such difficulty?

The 17 team is owned by Jack Roush, who believes rules only apply to teams that don't drive Fords.

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
I dunno Penn ... those extra threads mean more distance that a couple of molecules of air would have to travel vs one who used a bolt with less threads, giving him a clear-cut advantage over the competition in the draft. :ohwell:

:sarcasm:

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
Oh well, I can understand it when NASCAR performs a pre and post inspection of a race care, and finds an infraction, as they did in the Daytona race veues, ie,. body modifications.

#48 car, for example, but counting the number of threads on a rear jacking bolt?

Maybe they should start a comic book series next.

MMDad

Lem Putt
Thread counts on jacking bolts affect the number of turns needed to do the jacking. If you have a finer thread, you can make more precise adjustments. If you have a coarser thread, it takes fewer turns to make the adjustment. Either way, there was a rule in place and they broke it. Get over it.