Aps, It All Your Fault!!!!!

HunterJJD

Went and saw your guys yesterday, boy did they talk about you. But that is another story

But they are working me up aprice for XM on my bike. My dreams have been answered. First time in there and it seem like a nice little shop with good guys running it.
Look forward to dealing with them and it is all your fault

Thanks
JD

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
HunterJJD said:
Went and saw your guys yesterday, boy did they talk about you. But that is another story

But they are working me up aprice for XM on my bike. My dreams have been answered. First time in there and it seem like a nice little shop with good guys running it.
Look forward to dealing with them and it is all your fault

Thanks
JD
:lol:
Hurry up and join either the SCRC or the GWRR and you get a 10% discount from them. (I assume you're talking about Motovation)

itsbob

I bowl overhand
HunterJJD said:
Put up some links and I will check them out

JD
What mount are you using for your XM?? CYcle gadgets makes an awesome mount that holds the radio, the antenna and has a space for all the extra cable (Don't cut the antenna cable)... goes right on to your Clutch or brake resevoir.

HunterJJD

itsbob said:
What mount are you using for your XM?? CYcle gadgets makes an awesome mount that holds the radio, the antenna and has a space for all the extra cable (Don't cut the antenna cable)... goes right on to your Clutch or brake resevoir.

Sorry to sound this way but that is thier problem. I know nothing about that stuff, something I do, the rest I pay the people that know what there doing

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
HunterJJD said:
I just joined SCRC
PM me your e-mail address and I'll go ahead and add you to the mailing list and the forum. It can take up to a month for National to send me your info.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
HunterJJD said:
I just joined SCRC

I ride a 02 honda Sabre.

Once they get me a price I will be setting it up to get installed

JD
Come on over, we can install it for FREE!!

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Never mind, just read your first post about not getting your hands dirty..

I bought my bike and knew nothing about it, but have since done all the work on it short of mounting a new front tire on the rim. Riding the bike is ony a small percentage of the experience.. being amongst all the parts strewn across the garage floor is a bigger part of the experience.

Otherwise ya might as well just sit on the ##### seat and go along for the ride.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Pete said:
I haven't had to tear my bike apart at all. :shrug:
Well, lets see, I have 24,000 miles on mine.. so that entails DOING 24000 miles services.. as well as having done all the services from 12K on. SO that would be Valve Adjustments, tolerance checks, Throttle Body Synch's.. Bleeding the brakes, alternator belt check, checking the brake pads, all fluids, motor, Trans, final drive, and other assorted items.. so yeah, I've had my bike torn apart.

Instatllation of "extra's".. Garage door opener hooked up to my four way flashers.. Techlusion.. etc etc.. Yeah, I've gotten to know my bike very well.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
Pete said:
I haven't had to tear my bike apart at all. :shrug:
Haven't either except as necessary for installation of the engine guards/skid plate, center stand, luggage racks & CB.
Would like to do a throttle body sync.

HunterJJD

itsbob said:
Never mind, just read your first post about not getting your hands dirty..

I bought my bike and knew nothing about it, but have since done all the work on it short of mounting a new front tire on the rim. Riding the bike is ony a small percentage of the experience.. being amongst all the parts strewn across the garage floor is a bigger part of the experience.

Otherwise ya might as well just sit on the ##### seat and go along for the ride.

I do not mess with electrical stuff is what you took as getting my hands dirty. Everything else I will do. I have changed my fluids; I have self adjusting valves so I do not need to do that, and changed my tires, well pulled the wheels off. I have also added my few accessories.
My other problem is I want it to play on speakers and also a head set if I want. None of the packages are set up for that, plus I do not have time to mess with it right now and it will be late June before I do. Most of the time, time is more valuable to me then paying money to have someone else install it

HunterJJD

aps45819 said:
It shouldn't be to difficult. Get a mount and all you need to do is wire in the power.
BTW I have a set of the Kuryakyn Shadow highway peg mounts I want to get rid of.

I have custom made forward controlls on mine, not sure if they would work or if I need them right now. Still up in the air on the controlls since I installed them.

Once again as for the kits, I have looked at them but like you push to talk button is your flashing button they are trying to make mine work with head set and speakers

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
HunterJJD said:
Once again as for the kits, I have looked at them but like you push to talk button is your flashing button they are trying to make mine work with head set and speakers
Dan's pretty good at wiring stuff in. The headlight flasher switch works great for the PTT.

motomandan

aps45819 said:
Dan's pretty good at wiring stuff in. The headlight flasher switch works great for the PTT.

You can shorten the cable on the XM or Sirius antenna. It is very small coax. If you are not familiar with electronics and working on small circuits, you will ruin it. I have installed 150+ XM's and have shortened many of cable. Mounting the antenna on the bracket is easy, but looks pretty crappy. We make our own mounts and hide as much as we can. Some examples of mounting the antenna: Hidden in dash of Goldwings, Hidden in fairings on sportbikes. The farther you get the antenna away from driver and passenger the better the reception gets. We don't expect to work on everyones bike. I opened Motovation Cycles to fill a need of a shop you could go to with questions and get answers, A place you can get quality work at decent prices. A place that you can get parts that usually meet internet pricing but has a real shop and help to back it up if problems arise. I also wanted a place where everybody could gather for rides, BS about bikes and riding, and just feel comfortable.