for free

bcp

In My Opinion
I purchased a lincoln town car to get some parts from to repair the one I own that got tee boned and totaled.
since I dont need anything but the body parts from the newly aquired lincoln, I plan to trash the rest of the car when the repairs are done.

it has a good 302 and transmission C-5 or C-6 (not sure which one, mine has the C-6 but I know some came with the smaller tranny)

If anyone needs a good motor or trans, let me know, we can set up a time for you to come yank it and carry it away before I send it all to the scrap heap.

bcp

In My Opinion

until the accident mine was garage kept and had just turned 100k.
Still looked like new inside and was only used on long trips across country.

Pissed me off when Erie totaled it over 2400 dollars worth of damage.

you know, if insurance companies would just act right at the time of repairing damage to cars, they might find out that they save a whole bunch of money in the long run.

their being ignorant on the repair end of the deal might have saved them 500 bucks, but it prompted me to get a lawyer and go after them, so the car actually cost them 2200 to settle the auto part, then another 10k to settle the lawyers greed.
had they fixed the car in the first place, I would have never even thought about going after them with a lawyer. I wonder how many people do it out of spite like I did?

slotted

bcp said:

until the accident mine was garage kept and had just turned 100k.
Still looked like new inside and was only used on long trips across country.

Pissed me off when Erie totaled it over 2400 dollars worth of damage.

you know, if insurance companies would just act right at the time of repairing damage to cars, they might find out that they save a whole bunch of money in the long run.

their being ignorant on the repair end of the deal might have saved them 500 bucks, but it prompted me to get a lawyer and go after them, so the car actually cost them 2200 to settle the auto part, then another 10k to settle the lawyers greed.
had they fixed the car in the first place, I would have never even thought about going after them with a lawyer. I wonder how many people do it out of spite like I did?

Thanks for driving our insurance cost up.
:elaine:

bcp

In My Opinion
Your welcome.

but,, I cant really take the credit for that you know.

first, I (driving since 1974) have never had an accident or claim to my fault.

and second, I did not cause the accident where the 16 year old non driver caved in the side of my car.

and third, I did not work for the insurance company and attempt to screw me out of the car to save a couple dollars.

so, thank the stupidity of the insurance company for the rise in your costs.

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
bcp said:
Your welcome.

but,, I cant really take the credit for that you know.

first, I (driving since 1974) have never had an accident or claim to my fault.

and second, I did not cause the accident where the 16 year old non driver caved in the side of my car.

and third, I did not work for the insurance company and attempt to screw me out of the car to save a couple dollars.

so, thank the stupidity of the insurance company for the rise in your costs.
Gumbo wants to know if you were looking in your rearview mirror when the accident happened.