Time to pick the bricks!

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
My builder called this evening and said that basement digging begins on Monday and that we need to pick our bricks for the foundation. If the weather holds the floor gets poured in 2 weeks!! We are 13 months after the perc test so 2 weeks is a blink of an eye. :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

Dupontster

Would THIS face lie?
How lucky can ya get....I'm over here too....We get razzed a lot but it is quiet....I'd rather be here than LP or Great Mills areas....We have a lot to offer over here but people are scared to explore this area...Sometimes though, I can see why.... :lmao:

kom526

I'm from the south end (Dameron) and I happened to have lucked out and got this property. I wanted 1 of 2 things, waterfront or 10+ acres. I got the waterfront.

Dupontster

Would THIS face lie?
kom526 said:
I'm from the south end (Dameron) and I happened to have lucked out and got this property. I wanted 1 of 2 things, waterfront or 10+ acres. I got the waterfront.

Creek, River or Bay?

Mikeinsmd

kom526 said:
River, in fact the view from the waterside will be of Blackistone Island.
Duponster, Fancybelle & I grew up down there.... watch out for a sweet lil ole, blue haired lady in a white Buick!! She'll run ya over!! :lmao:

:mom:

kom526

My wife grew up down there/here also. She isn't the lady whose car is filled up w/ debris is it? :eyebrow:

Dupontster

Would THIS face lie?
kom526 said:
My wife grew up down there/here also. She isn't the lady whose car is filled up w/ debris is it? :eyebrow:

NO but Moms car looks just like it (without the junk)....Have you seen inside of that thing? I don't know why she doesn't get pulled over....That is crazy....

Sounds like Coltons Point area....Your wife probably grew up with one of us...Before anyone else mentions it, it will probably be one of the younger ones....I was down there many, many years ago...I knew the woods and shoreline like the back of my hand... :whistle:

Mikeinsmd

kom526 said:
Nahhh...no debris. You're neighbor to another brother too. What's your wifes first name? I bet we know her.

kom526

She grew up in Abell. You can't miss our lot or as I like to call it "or dirt." :lmao:

Last edited:

Mikeinsmd

kom526 said:
She grew up in Abell. You can't miss our lot or as I like to call it "or dirt." :lmao:
I know exactly where you are. I saw the footings. C'mon....what's her name?? PM me. Maybe I have some stories on her for ya.... :lmao:

kom526

I just got back with meeting w/ my builder and the excavating sub. Digging will DEFINITELY commence on Monday! We have our foundation brick picked out and on Saturday we picked 4 options for the front door and 2 options for cabinets and countertops. Now to hope for a minor drought until after they at least get the roof on. :lmao:

Dupontster

Would THIS face lie?
kom526 said:
Footers are dug, concrete gets poured on Friday!!
:norainnorainnorain:

I know where you are....(Spence/Wood builds a good house)...I have it all figured out....
Old Hammond property? (Just about grew up in those woods)
BR is Father-in-law
Wife grew up in Abell
Not far from my Mom
I don't know where you are coming from but I think you will like it down there..

kom526

we have a winner!! I'm from Dameron. MIL's maiden name was Hammond, her mother lived in the little brick house next to my lot. The son, Buddy, and his sons still own the house. :cheers: The fridge will always be stocked!

kom526

Basement walls are done, floor was poured on Thursday (13 Apr) posts and beams were set on the 14th...
Framing should begin on 24th:crossedfingers: :yay:

kom526

Framing has started! All joists for the 1st floor are in. We have 9 ft ceilings in the basement,:yikes: my own B-Ball court and bowling alley! Hopefully by the end of the month the REAL work will begin.