Truck Stereo installation

D

dems4me

I really need to upgrade my truck stereo, it has a radio which ok, but the speakers are blown out and it only plays cassettes which is basically obsolete and very hard to find. I would like to replace my stereo and my blown out speakers. Does anyone have a place they can recommend? I had an experience in Waldorf with Circuit City about 10 years ago but it was a nightmare and I swore off never letting them install anything for me again. This is nothing fancy like my car system that has a bass canon, equalizer, etc... just something that I can listen too that sounds nice and can let me slip a CD in and drive with some music playing that sounds halfway decent. Preferrably free installation, but I can pay if need be... Thanks for any suggestions or experiences you all may be able to share with me. :flowers: :flowers:

morganj614

dems4me said:
I really need to upgrade my truck stereo, it has a radio which ok, but the speakers are blown out and it only plays cassettes which is basically obsolete and very hard to find. I would like to replace my stereo and my blown out speakers. Does anyone have a place they can recommend? I had an experience in Waldorf with Circuit City about 10 years ago but it was a nightmare and I swore off never letting them install anything for me again. This is nothing fancy like my car system that has a bass canon, equalizer, etc... just something that I can listen too that sounds nice and can let me slip a CD in and drive with some music playing that sounds halfway decent. Preferrably free installation, but I can pay if need be... Thanks for any suggestions or experiences you all may be able to share with me. :flowers: :flowers:

I had the same thing and had nice offers of help but when I was in N.C. and didn't need my car, I had it done at Best Buy. I am satisfied :yay: Just a nice CD player, nothing fancy and some speakers. Free installation on the stereo but they charge for the speakers. It was under $200. total

D

dems4me

morganj614 said:
I had the same thing and had nice offers of help but when I was in N.C. and didn't need my car, I had it done at Best Buy. I am satisfied :yay: Just a nice CD player, nothing fancy and some speakers. Free installation on the stereo but they charge for the speakers. It was under $200. total

Thanks, I'll look into one local. :flowers:

Lugnut

I'm Rick James #####!
Replacing a stock stereo and stock speakers is a walk in the park. No troube at all assuming you have a few basic tools. Go to http://www.crutchfield.com Click on "what fits my car" on the right side.

Pick the stereo and speakers you want, then CALL the 800 number and tell the guy you want to do it yourself and they will throw in an installation kit and detailed directions (free). You'll save money on the stereo, installation kit, and installation labor.

morganj614

Lugnut said:
Replacing a stock stereo and stock speakers is a walk in the park. No troube at all assuming you have a few basic tools. Go to http://www.crutchfield.com Click on "what fits my car" on the right side.

Pick the stereo and speakers you want, then CALL the 800 number and tell the guy you want to do it yourself and they will throw in an installation kit and detailed directions (free). You'll save money on the stereo, installation kit, and installation labor.

You're talking to Dems :killingme That's okay, you're still kinda new here. What say you, Dems? :popcorn:

D

dems4me

morganj614 said:
You're talking to Dems :killingme That's okay, you're still kinda new here. What say you, Dems? :popcorn:

I don't have tools :crazy:

:lol:

Thanks anyways lugnut! :flowers:

D

dems4me

aps45819 said:
:killingme :killingme :killingme
Just stay away from the BUtane powered stereos :jameo: :jameo: :jameo:

And stay away from girlfriends that fling stollen jewlrey out the window while you are driving :yay:

mainman

Set Trippin
dems4me said:
And stay away from girlfriends that fling stollen jewlrey out the window while you are driving :yay:
:whistle:

Attachments

• BurningMan.gif
    BurningMan.gif
    47.4 KB · Views: 129
D

dems4me

:dance: Come on baby light my fire...:dance: You know we couldn't get much higher :dance: come on baby light my fiiiiaaahhhrrr!! :dance:

willie

dems4me said:
:dance: Come on baby light my fire...:dance: You know we couldn't get much higher :dance: come on baby light my fiiiiaaahhhrrr!! :dance:
I ASSume you fixed the gas leak in your truck by now, what was the problem?