Know of a good restaurant in Ellicott City?

snuzzy

My Mother and Sisters-In-Law would like to take me out for lunch for my birthday. The "plan" is for me to drive to my Sister-In-Law's house, who lives in Ellicott City, then for them to take me out for lunch and/or shopping. Oh, and I need to pick the restaurant. I have only been there for family gatherings, so I know nothing of the area or the restaurants there. Any suggestions? I don't want to be "greedy", so I don't want anything too expensive, and I think there will be a lot of "girl talk", mostly about my husband :whistle: , so also a place that isn't too crowded/noisy. TIA for any help.

Mikeinsmd

snuzzy said:
My Mother and Sisters-In-Law would like to take me out for lunch for my birthday. The "plan" is for me to drive to my Sister-In-Law's house, who lives in Ellicott City, then for them to take me out for lunch and/or shopping. Oh, and I need to pick the restaurant. I have only been there for family gatherings, so I know nothing of the area or the restaurants there. Any suggestions? I don't want to be "greedy", so I don't want anything too expensive, and I think there will be a lot of "girl talk", mostly about my husband :whistle: , so also a place that isn't too crowded/noisy. TIA for any help.
Ellicott Mills!!! :yum: Awesome food & awesome microbrews!!

Or you could walk down the street to Cocao Lane. No micro's but good food.

And off to the side, a place appropriately named "Side Streets".

At the bottom across from Cocao is "The Phoenix Emporium". Loaded with antiques and everything has a price tag on it.

La Papalapa is across from Ellicott Mills if you want Mexican. Good margaritas.

snuzzy

Mikeinsmd said:
Ellicott Mills!!! :yum: Awesome food & awesome microbrews!!

Or you could walk down the street to Cocao Lane. No micro's but good food.

And off to the side, a place appropriately named "Side Streets".

At the bottom across from Cocao is "The Phoenix Emporium". Loaded with antiques and everything has a price tag on it.

Sounds perfect for the "and/or shopping"! I love antiques, watch the "Road Show" often! I love beer, so the microbrews sound perfect for lunch, do you have a favorite? (I'm especially fond of dark beer...an acquired taste over the years!) Thank you for your ideas :flowers:

Mikeinsmd

snuzzy said:
Sounds perfect for the "and/or shopping"! I love antiques, watch the "Road Show" often! I love beer, so the microbrews sound perfect for lunch, do you have a favorite? (I'm especially fond of dark beer...an acquired taste over the years!) Thank you for your ideas :flowers:
Go to Ellicott Mills. They are my favorite. They are German in flavor with an Aussi brewmaster. Try their Dunkel (dark) and their Marzen is out now too! They may also have a Dopplebock left over.

They have a huge sign on the wall with a description of each beer. They'll give you a sample too.

http://www.ellicottmillsbrewing.com/

:iamjealous:

Last edited:

snuzzy

Go to Ellicott Mills. They are my favorite. They are German in flavor with an Aussi brewmaster. Try their Dunkel (dark) and their Marzen is out now too! They may also have a Dopplebock left over.

They have a huge sign on the wall with a description of each beer. They'll give you a sample too.

http://www.ellicottmillsbrewing.com/

:iamjealous:[/QUOTE]

Perfect! I checked out their website, I can't think of a better lunch. Don't be too jealous, it is with the In-laws, and I suspect ulterior motives... as long as I've been married, this is the first time for a girls' day out, and they want to know about their son/brother, who doesn't always come to the family gatherings (I do because I want my son/only child to know his extended family...), the beer will help!