Car Care Fanatics?

mainman

Set Trippin
Aside from running the truck through a touchless wash a few weeks ago, that is the only washing it has had... I want to do it today myself, what soaps, cleaners would you experts reccomend?

I have chrome wheels as well? Cleaning and shining those up????

Talk to me...:popcorn:

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
I use Meguiar's (sp) car shampoo. It does a great job and rinses off great. It makes drying your vehicle a snap. To dry I use "The Absorber" a synthetic chamois and it is cheaper and more effective than a natural chamois or old towel.

Last edited:

Suz

33 yrs & we r still n luv
Pandora said:
:howdy: I'm going to use regular ole dish washing soap when I wash mine today for the 1st time in MONTHS. :lol:
count on the dish soap removing any wax you have on it...... not a good idea!

Pandora

Sharon said:
Don't listen to them. :razz:

I love this stuff! :banana:

How long does an applicator pad last? :tap:

And Suz, waxing was part of my game plan today but right now, I'm draining the hot tub and ONLY have 2/3 of the living room cleaned. :ohwell:

It doesn't look like I'm going to get out to wash my truck today. I have GOT to get the house clean because I have company coming. :faint:

I'm taking a mental health break at the moment. I have a 6-year old that is driving me nuts.

Mikeinsmd

kom526 said:
I use Meguiar's (sp) car shampoo. It does a great job and rinses off great. It makes drying your vehicle a snap. To dry I use "The Absorber" a synthetic chamois and it is cheaper and more effective than a natural chamois or old towel.
:yeahthat: Meguires makes a good chrome polish too.

Use your leaf blower to blow dry it too, then follow up with a soft Cotton towel.

You know it's gonna rain tonight/tomorrow.... :lmao: This won't be a problem if you don't drive in it.

willie

kom526 said:
:yeahthat:
A California water blade before the "Absorber" quickens up the drying time. The truck is black and if the water doesn't get off quick, the finish gets a "pox".

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
Pandora said:
How long does an applicator pad last? :tap:

As long as you want. :lol: They used to throw one in for free, but I don't know if they still do. It's a terry-cloth covered synthetic sponge. They're washable, though I've used other disposable sponge applicators with great results.

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
Mikeinsmd said:
Use your leaf blower to blow dry it too, then follow up with a soft Cotton towel.
I've done this for years, works great :yay: and it saves on towels.

willie

Angel said:
Mothers. Works wonders. :bubble:
Sons do OK also if you can get them away from the video games.

Attachments

• carwash.gif
    carwash.gif
    46.4 KB · Views: 89

vanbells

Pookieboo!!!
Just use any off the shelf car wash soap.

1. Presoak
2. Wash it. (Don't forget the top and under carriage.
3. Rinse
4. Use California Blade top remove excess water
5. Use The absorber to dry.
6. Apply wax or use a detailer. (I use Meguairs Gold class or Shining Monkey's carnuba wax)
7. Use terry cloth towels or microfiber towels(works a lot better) to remove wax.

mainman

Set Trippin
Everyone had the same idea I did today, the shelves were stripped clean at walmart and target of car washing supplies for the most part. I picked up a few things and was able to throw a nice wash on her...:yay:

BOHDEN

mainman said:
Aside from running the truck through a touchless wash a few weeks ago, that is the only washing it has had... I want to do it today myself, what soaps, cleaners would you experts reccomend?

I have chrome wheels as well? Cleaning and shining those up????

Talk to me...:popcorn:

G.E.M. in waldorf is a detailer, he told me to use Murphy's Oil soap when washing my vehicles, helps keep the lustery shine too it