Motorcyclist Clocked at 155 Mph Jailed

rack'm

Jaded
LIVINGSTON, La. (AP) - A motorcyclist has been given a couple of days to think about the record he set _ at least in the minds of state troopers.

Brian Samuel Willis, 20, was clocked zooming down Interstate 12 on Sunday at 155 miles per hour _ more than two times the speed limit 70, state police said.

Riley said he was traveling westbound about 6 p.m. when he got the motorcycle in his radar. Maneuvering his vehicle to the other side of the interstate, Riley tried to follow Willis, but the black Yamaha R6 ducked off the roadway onto state highway 441 and traveled south to state highway 42, Riley said.

At that point, Livingston Parish sheriff's deputies and Springfield police chased Willis back toward Riley, who made the arrest, he said.

"He pulled over once he saw all of us, without incident," Riley said. "He just said he didn't think he was going that fast and he didn't know we were behind him. He thought he was only doing 120 or 130."

Willis motorcycle was impounded and he was booked for reckless operation of a vehicle, flight from an officer and speeding, Riley said.

"The judge refused to set the bond until Tuesday," Riley said. "I think she is going to let him spend a few days in jail."

Ponytail

155? Dag, my bike tops out at 140! I feel like I'm missin out! I coulda made it home from PF in 8 minutes instead of the 10 that it took me!

:sarcasm: