Recommendations for a brake shop

Mikeinsmd said:
in the Mechanicsville/Charlotte Hall area??
Jimmy Rader in Hughesville. Right side of 231 as you are heading east, just after the construction. I trust him completely with my vehicles.

Mikeinsmd

bresamil said:
I'm telling Johnny. :mad:
Love em to death but he's a 30 min. ride one way & I really don't get any breaks on price (and I don't expect it). Gary does take me right in if I've set up an appt. in advance.

I drive enough as it is. Time to shop closer to home... :lmao:

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
Mikeinsmd said:
Love em to death but he's a 30 min. ride one way & I really don't get any breaks on price (and I don't expect it). Gary does take me right in if I've set up an appt. in advance.

I drive enough as it is. Time to shop closer to home... :lmao:
Check your PMer

Mikeinsmd

FastCarsSpeed said:
Why not change your own breaks? Unless they are drum it's damn easy and fast to do.
I used to. Now I am lazy. :lmao: I think the rotors may need turning cuz I hear a sound when I hit the brakes & have almost 60K on the car.

Oz

You're all F'in Mad...
Mikeinsmd said:
I used to. Now I am lazy. :lmao: I think the rotors may need turning cuz I hear a sound when I hit the brakes & have almost 60K on the car.

What kind of car/truck do you have? Rotors come from China now and are very inexpensive to replace.

willie

Oz said:
What kind of car/truck do you have? Rotors come from China now and are very inexpensive to replace.
:yeahthat:
New rotors at Autozone cost barely more than turning the old ones. IMO turning rotors is a waste and at 60k you won't need them. The price of Lifetime pads is around $17. Anyone that can spell NASCAR should change their own pads/shoes.

Oz

You're all F'in Mad...
willie said:
:yeahthat:
New rotors at Autozone cost barely more than turning the old ones. IMO turning rotors is a waste and at 60k you won't need them. The price of Lifetime pads is around $17. Anyone that can spell NASCAR should change their own pads/shoes.

Yeah - you can also go to a professional auto parts store for the same retail quality parts at the same or lower prices. Not to mention that quality brand-name brake parts from a professional auto parts store will only cost slightly more than the retailer stuff you mentioned, last 2-3 times longer and perform better and quieter... :yay:

dustin

UAIOE
call Age to Age Automotive. One of my buddies had his engine and tranny replaced there in his Chevy truck from parts he outsourced and they did a great job and a decent price. I'm sure they'd do brakes...

Fenrir51

Oz said:

Thats because they are cast junk. Why cheap out on an important part of your vehicles safety?

Ricky Racer

Boyz under the hood
Fenrir51 said:
Thats because they are cast junk. Why cheap out on an important part of your vehicles safety?
Guess what? They are all made in China. Thats why on most cars the rotors are shot at 60,000

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Mikeinsmd said:
Replace the rotors, and pads yourself.. save HUGE money.. disk brakes are EASY to do.. DO a google on EBC, little more money, but damn do they work good!!

ALl you need is a caliper pusher-inner-thingy(or a big set of pliers).. the rest is all "normal" tools