Tune-up Maybe???

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
So yesterday I was on my way home and needed to merge into a lane. I hit the gas fairly heavy but didn't put it to the floor by any means. The car hesitated big time between 1st and 2nd and a little between 2nd and 3rd though not nearly as bad as 1st and 2nd. So when I had the opportunity from a stop at a red light to do it again to see if it would repeat or if it was an isolated occurance, it did the same thing. This morning I drove normally and it didn't hesitate at all between gears. About 3/4 to work and stoped at a red light, try it agin. Same deal as yesterday.

I have an e-shift (automatic that can be put into manual allowing you to shift gears yourself) and I usually drive in auto. I have not yet tried to test it in manual. Hopefully I'll get the opportunity on the way home.

I just had the trans flushed and filled, everything lubed up, etc. I however did not get a tune-up because it was running great (this was probably 3-4 thousand miles ago). The car has 120k miles on it. I'm thinking it's more then likely just in need of a tune-up??? Could it be anything else?

Heernwp

When was the last time you had a tune-up done? I would change your fuel filter in addition to a tune-up if it's been awhile.

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
Heernwp said:
When was the last time you had a tune-up done? I would change your fuel filter in addition to a tune-up if it's been awhile.

Never. :lol: I'll have to check with the other half to see if the fuel filter was changed when I had all the other stuff done a couple months ago.

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
Dutch6 said:
Try a tank of better gas first and see if that makes a difference.

The owners manual calls for premium gas (6 cyl. in-line engine) so that's what it always gets.

Just called the other half and the fuel filter was not changed. He's getting one today. :yay:

Ponytail

pixiegirl said:
The owners manual calls for premium gas (6 cyl. in-line engine) so that's what it always gets.

Just called the other half and the fuel filter was not changed. He's getting one today. :yay:

120K and never had a tune-up? Plugs changed, airfilter replace...anything??? :yikes:

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
Ponytail said:
120K and never had a tune-up? Plugs changed, airfilter replace...anything??? :yikes:

I have a high flow intake on the car and the air filter gets cleaned about once a month or so. Trans has been flushed and refilled (with Lexus transmission fluid which is a whole story in itself). I had a whole bunch of stuff done just a few thousand miles ago.

Isn't a tune-up changing the plugs?

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
Forgive my ignorance but is it possible that my car may not have a fuel filter. I googled it and have been to 4 auto parts sites and not one yet. I went to Napa online before googling and nothing.

rack'm

Jaded
pixiegirl said:
Forgive my ignorance but is it possible that my car may not have a fuel filter. I googled it and have been to 4 auto parts sites and not one yet. I went to Napa online before googling and nothing.

It has one, it's probably a dealer only part.

fddog

Bow wow
pixiegirl said:
the filter could be in the fuel tank, or an in-line one under the car

rack'm

Jaded
pixiegirl said:
That's how the trans fluid was. :faint: Ended up costing bug bucks!

I've seen a fuel screen is that the same thing?

No, the screen is for large particles.......a few filter will be a canister of some kind.

Call the dealer......:ohwell: