Women advice please.:)

D

dems4me

I have a question and I wasn't sure which category this would fall under but there's some rules that I'm just a little vague on....

I currently have red hair.... is there a saying or something that says if you have red hair you shouldn't wear pink? I bought an outfit for work not too long ago that has an all pink top to it and I have red hair - will this work or is this one of those rules, like don't wear white heels before easter? :confused:

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
There are no rules anymore (don't tell the old southern ladies that). If it looks good, by all means, wear it. :yay:

D

dems4me

Nickel said:
There are no rules anymore (don't tell the old southern ladies that). If it looks good, by all means, wear it. :yay:

I can't really tell if it looks good or not, its very well fitted, but my hair looks redder than average.... also, I'm kind of old school and still will never where white heels before Easter or after Labor Day... so was there ever a rule? :confused:

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
Compare the color of your hair to someone famous. Like Jessica Rabbit red, Nicole Kidman red, or more of an auburn color? If it's Jessica Rabbit red, it probably doesn't look good. But any other shade should be fine. But yes, I have heard that women with red hair shouldn't wear pink. My hair shines red in the sun and has never clashed with any color I've worn.

Pandora

Red headed people shouldn't wear red and maybe not even a yellow jump suit with a red stripped shirt underneath wouldn't be a good idea either. You probably shouldn’t wear red shoes with yellow shoelaces either.

Pink is fine. :shrug:

D

dems4me

Pandora said:
Red headed people shouldn't wear red and maybe not even a yellow jump suit with a red stripped shirt underneath wouldn't be a good idea either. You probably shouldn’t wear red shoes with yellow shoelaces either.

Pink is fine. :shrug:

Are you calling me Ronald McDonald?

Thanks for the tip on pink... for some reason, I'm thinking there was a "rule" on this. :ohwell:

D

dems4me

Nickel said:
Compare the color of your hair to someone famous. Like Jessica Rabbit red, Nicole Kidman red, or more of an auburn color? If it's Jessica Rabbit red, it probably doesn't look good. But any other shade should be fine. But yes, I have heard that women with red hair shouldn't wear pink. My hair shines red in the sun and has never clashed with any color I've worn.

Its kind of an auburn. THanks :flowers:

Where's Elaine or Vria?
They're good at this ettiquite "known" stuff. :shrug:

D

dems4me

Pandora said:
I will if you wear a a yellow jump suit with a red stripped shirt underneath, red shoes and yellow laces. :flowers:

But you'd never do that. :lmao:

I havn't lost any bets lately :lol:

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
dems4me said:
Its kind of an auburn. THanks :flowers:

Where's Elaine or Vria?
They're good at this ettiquite "known" stuff. :shrug:
:mad: My opinion is valid too, ya know, and I'm a fashionista. Next time you should title the thread "Dear Elaine or Vrai". :hrmph:

D

dems4me

Nickel said:
:mad: My opinion is valid too, ya know, and I'm a fashionista. Next time you should title the thread "Dear Elaine or Vrai". :hrmph:

Thats not how I meant that at all I meant someone older like me when these rules were (and some occassions still are) in place :killingme :killingme I appreciate you input and I gave you flowers :flowers: :biggrin: Thanks!!! :huggy: And you were very prompt too. :huggy:

Nickel said:
That is so true.

The same shade of pink that looks crappy w/ Bozo Red #19 would look nice w/ Midnight Summer Auburn.