sleep disorders - help!

just.me

Has anyone here been diagnosed with a sleep disorder? A surgeon told me once I should get evaluated since I tend to "forget to breathe" while under anesthesia. I never did. My boyfriend says lately though, that I have begun sitting up in bed, saying a whole sentence and then laying back down. My eyes are open while I am talking. I did it over the weekend too, fell asleep while watching tv. My son said I sat up, looked at him, said something about the yellow car being so shiny, and then just closed my eyes and layed back down...Is there anywhere local that sleep studies are conducted? I am really starting to get worried about this.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
just.me said:
Has anyone here been diagnosed with a sleep disorder? A surgeon told me once I should get evaluated since I tend to "forget to breathe" while under anesthesia. I never did. My boyfriend says lately though, that I have begun sitting up in bed, saying a whole sentence and then laying back down. My eyes are open while I am talking. I did it over the weekend too, fell asleep while watching tv. My son said I sat up, looked at him, said something about the yellow car being so shiny, and then just closed my eyes and layed back down...Is there anywhere local that sleep studies are conducted? I am really starting to get worried about this.

Get an appointment with an ENT or a neurologist and go from there.

mainman

Set Trippin
just.me said:
I have sleep apnea... I just did a sleep study last week at the Bean building.

just.me

mainman said:

Okay... how long did the test last? one night? did your doctor refer you?
Thanks.

mainman

Set Trippin
just.me said:
Okay... how long did the test last? one night? did your doctor refer you?
Thanks.
I dont have the info on me, but.. Dr. Mehta (sp) ordered the sleep test he is also in the Beane building. Call him, I really liked him.

You arrive at 9 PM for the test and they hook you up to a multitude of leads to monitor your sleeping, and they cut you loose at around 5:30 AM.

Toxick

Splat
mainman said:

They do this at the bean building?

They sent me all the friggin way up to Civista.

mainman

Set Trippin
Toxick said:
They do this at the bean building?

They sent me all the friggin way up to Civista.
Yes, when did you do your study? Maybe the lab is newer here and was not available when you tested.

The first time I tested in 99 I had to go to Southern MD hospital in clinton...

Toxick

Splat
mainman said:
Yes, when did you do your study? Maybe the lab is newer here and was not available when you tested.

The first time I tested in 99 I had to go to Southern MD hospital in clinton...

I think it was 2002.

The A/C was on, and my daughter was still an infant - so it was summer 2002. I can't use my CPAP right now? :bawl: The face-seal is busted and all the air leaks out.

I haven't had a good night sleep in a long time.

Must.

Get .

facemask.