Klez virus

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
It's going around big time right now - I'll be my Norton catches 4 or 5 of 'em a day. I've also received viruses that look like they came from ME because the it takes a contact in your Outlook address book at random from an infected computer and spoofs it.

Here's the dirt from Symantec:

http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.klez.gen@mm.html

Email spoofing
Some variants of this worm use a technique known as "spoofing" by which the worm randomly selects an address it finds on an infected computer. The worm uses this address as the "From" address when it performs its mass-mailing routine. Numerous cases have been reported in which users of uninfected computers received complaints that they sent an infected message to another individual.

For example, Linda Anderson is using a computer infected with W32.Klez.E@mm. Linda is neither using an antivirus program nor has the current virus definitions. When W32.Klez.gen@mm performs its email routine, it finds the email address of Harold Logan. The worm inserts Harold's email address into the "From" portion of an infected message, which it then sends to Janet Bishop. Then, Janet contacts Harold and complains that he sent her an infected message; however, when Harold scans his computer, Norton AntiVirus does not find anything, because his computer is not infected.

So everyone check your computers RIGHT NOW for Klez!!!

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
You would think after Melissa, Loveletter, Kakworm, Nimda, Klez, Bugbear etc. folks would finally get the idea...

"MAYBE I SHOULD GET ANTI-VIRUS SOFTWARE!"

:rolleyes: