Cat Boarding

MMDad

Lem Putt
We are trying to figure out how best to care for our cat while we go on vacation in May. Does anyone have any experience with Interlude in St. Leonard? Any other suggestions?

Thanks!

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
I don't board my pets, but my sister has used them for years. My son also takes his dogs there. They have nothing but great things to say about them.

Can't you get somebody to come in and feed him and check on him? Cats are pretty low maintenance.

You might want to check with your vet...some of the vet techs and assistants do pet sitting.

MMDad

Lem Putt
cattitude said:
I don't board my pets, but my sister has used them for years. My son also takes his dogs there. They have nothing but great things to say about them.

Can't you get somebody to come in and feed him and check on him? Cats are pretty low maintenance.

You might want to check with your vet...some of the vet techs and assistants do pet sitting.

Since my wife works at home he's used to being around people all the time. I just thought he might go a little stir crazy after five days of little contact. We're considering it though.

The price at Interlude seems reasonable, so that isn't a factor. He's current on all shots, but is there a health concern to boarding?

mrweb

Iron City
MMDad said:
We are trying to figure out how best to care for our cat while we go on vacation in May. Does anyone have any experience with Interlude in St. Leonard? Any other suggestions?

Thanks!
How long are you going to be away? We typically leave our two cats alone with a large kitty food and water feeder and clean litter. Our dog, however is another matter. We hire a pet-sitter that comes by twice a day to take care of Miss dog. I couldn't stand the idea of boarding her somewhere.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I'd be nervous about boarding my cats. We leave them home and the neighbor kid comes to feed and scoop. They're a lot happier than they would be in a cage at a boarding facility.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
MMDad said:
Since my wife works at home he's used to being around people all the time. I just thought he might go a little stir crazy after five days of little contact. We're considering it though.

The price at Interlude seems reasonable, so that isn't a factor. He's current on all shots, but is there a health concern to boarding?

Cats generally don't do well with a change in their living environment. I'd really look into the pet sitter. You have time. He would be much happier to snooze the day away in his own surroundings.