Did I mention...

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
...how much I LOVE my hardwood floors? It takes almost no time to get up all the cat hair, whereas the carpet hung onto every little thing.

:cartwheel

Pandora

vraiblonde said:
...how much I LOVE my hardwood floors? It takes almost no time to get up all the cat hair, whereas the carpet hung onto every little thing.

I was on my hands and knees scrubbing a drink out of the carpet thinking “WHY DIDN’T I PUT IN HARDWOOD FLOORS” :banghead: not too long ago.

Now, I sit down, hit new posts and feel like you just rubbed it in. :ohwell:

Oh, if I had this decision to make over again, how different it would have been.

#2 son spills every thing.

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
I gotta agree -- I LOVE my hardwoods, and hate carpet -- especially with animals. :ohwell:

I'm hoping to put hardwood in the family room to complete the entire downstairs, and might even get the stairs and hallway done upstairs. :ohwell:

When it comes to routine cleaning, you can't beat the 10 minute dust/damp-mopping of dog/cat hair vs. the back strain of vacuuming. :yay:

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
I really hope we can stay in our house long enough to benefit from adding wood floors. I don't know if the dog would like them though, he slip-slides through the tile kitchen like nobody's business. :lmao:

BOHDEN

vraiblonde said:

I love my cherry hardwood floors that my husband put in himself, (hes a contractor anyway, why pay someone) my only problem i have is in my sunroom ( I should say party room) its so big and with all the windows the dust is just attracted to that room. I have the swiffer, but with in a few hours you can see some more dust. But I wouldnt give them up for anything!

MysticalMom

Witchy Woman
If I could do it all over again I'd choose hardwood in a heartbeat. 4 kids and a zoo and I pick herringbone carpet. How smart am I? :ohwell:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
MysticalMom said:
How smart am I?
As smart as Larry and his ex-wife who picked....very light gray. :lol:

You should have seen that crap when the flooring guys ripped it up. :dead:

johnson0424

what do you clean with i have hard wood floors and cats and i can't find anything that actually picks up the hair instead of pushing it around...do you mop yours i have heard different things about this?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
johnson0424 said:
what do you clean with i have hard wood floors and cats and i can't find anything that actually picks up the hair instead of pushing it around...do you mop yours i have heard different things about this?
First I go over it with the stick-vac (it's like a dustbuster on a stick), then I do under the furniture with the dustmop. I have some hardwood floor cleaner and this, like, Swiffer thing that I'll use to shine 'em up.

Babydoll

johnson0424 said:
I have hardwood in my kitchen/dining room and I just sweep it in a pile then suck it up w/ the vacuum.

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
vraiblonde said:
Free entertainment :yay:
Yeah, except he slides into stuff, as in the kitchen cabinets, his water bowl, etc. At 4 months and 25 pounds, this is cute, but when he's older, and 60/80+ pounds, it will be heinous. :lmao:

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
johnson0424 said:
I have an old-fashioned dust mop, and I spray endust on it before making rounds with it. Then I just use a dustpan and broom, and a dustbuster to get what I couldn't sweep/scoop up. :shrug:

For actual 'cleaning', I use Parabond hardwood floor cleaner and polish. That stuff is better than OrangeGlo and similiar products, IMO. :yay::yay: