Bottle collecting

nomoney

Alright, I love finding old bottles. This weekend I was digging at a site and found a glass Clean and Clear facial astringent bottle. Any of you oldies remember it coming in glass? Just trying to date the other more interesting bottles I found. Thanks :yay:

CMC122

Go Braves!
No.

My Grandmother has a cool glass bottle collection! She lives along an old rail road track and finds all kinds of stuff in the dirt.

HunterJJD

nomoney said:
Alright, I love finding old bottles. This weekend I was digging at a site and found a glass Clean and Clear facial astringent bottle. Any of you oldies remember it coming in glass? Just trying to date the other more interesting bottles I found. Thanks :yay:

Trash digger

nomoney

cattitude said:
:poorbaby: Guess you had to do something with them now that you can't get a nickle each for all those bottles you saved up.
One day they will reinstate that glass refund. I'll be ready

nomoney

Chasey_Lane said:
Where do dig for bottles? I've got some old looking coke bottles if you want. 5/6 still have caps, but they're empty.
I usually just go hiking in the woods, and the bottles are an outcome of my walks. Usually if you find old foundations or clearings, there are mounds and you'll find bottles sticking out of them (like huntr said-old trash piles). Or anywhere there is water run off into the bay- a lot of old bottles get stuck there.

morganj614

nomoney said:
I usually just go hiking in the woods, and the bottles are an outcome of my walks. Usually if you find old foundations or clearings, there are mounds and you'll find bottles sticking out of them (like huntr said-old trash piles). Or anywhere there is water run off into the bay- a lot of old bottles get stuck there.

I collect old bottles. The property my old house was on has a place in the woods where the people threw trash. I found some digging in there. Also when ex hubby went to dig a grave for our dog, he found an old bottle right where he dug. I can tell you where the property is but you need to find access to the woods.

camily

Peace
My husband is a bottle collector also. He used to do underground utilities and they found alot on job sites. They are pretty cool!

ylexot

Super Genius
I collect beer bottles :biggrin:

No...really...I have a pretty big collection of many of the unusual beers that I've had.

nomoney said:
so seriously, none of you senior citizens remember clean and clear in a glass bottle? :confused:
I'm thinking they didn't go for them there new fangled face concoctions and were quite content with their witch hazel and vinegar...:shrug: