Car rebuild show

ShaNK

I'm hoping someone can help me out. What's the name of that show where they steal someones car and rebuild it? Then at the end of the show they tell people what they did and show them it rebuilt.

ShaNK

Thank you! Thank you! That is it but I didn't know the car had to be in running condition... Anyone know of any that it doesn't necessarily have to be in running condition to get on?

My step-dad has a 86 Chevy Custom and I'm looking to suprise him with by getting it rebuilt for him. It was the first car he ever owned and will not part with it but it just sits in the driveway.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
ShaNK said:
Thank you! Thank you! That is it but I didn't know the car had to be in running condition... Anyone know of any that it doesn't necessarily have to be in running condition to get on?

My step-dad has a 86 Chevy Custom and I'm looking to suprise him with by getting it rebuilt for him. It was the first car he ever owned and will not part with it but it just sits in the driveway.
An '86 and it was the first car he ever owned? :killingme

ShaNK

Ken King said:
An '86 and it was the first car he ever owned? :killingme

First car he owned. He was in the navy and never needed a car (or so he says) and when he first got his license he drove his parents car. I don't know... just what he says :confused:

Ken King

PREMO Member
ShaNK said:
First car he owned. He was in the navy and never needed a car (or so he says) and when he first got his license he drove his parents car. I don't know... just what he says :confused:
Sorry, I just found that funny and kind of amazing for me. Maybe it's because I am just a decade or two younger then Duponster and my first "it's all mine" car was a '59 VW Bug I had when I was in high school.

Dupontster

Would THIS face lie?
Ken King said:
Sorry, I just found that funny and kind of amazing for me. Maybe it's because I am just a decade older then Duponster and my first "it's all mine" car was a brand new '59 VW Bug I had when I was in high school.

Fixed for you Mr, King.....
Good luck on the show because I heard that they get thousands and thousands of letters a week....

ShaNK

Dupontster said:
Good luck on the show because I heard that they get thousands and thousands of letters a week....

I can't do anything with the show :sad: They only take cars that run and the truck has been sitting there so long I doubt it runs.

Angel

~*~*~
ShaNK said:
I was going to submit the SO's "toy" car for this show until I read it had to be in running order. I think they require it to be in running condition, so they can "steal" it easily. They can just drive it away without anybody being the wiser except the owner and family. If they have to back a tow truck into the yard to take it, I'm sure it'll be a little more obvious for neighbors to take notice and be more curious and potentially making it harder for the show to role with thier theft scheme.

Anyway, no I'm sorry I don't know of any other shows that do this. Sorry...

Ken King

PREMO Member
Dupontster said:
Nice try old fossilized one, but it wasn't brand new :moon: and certainly nothing like the brand new 1947 Studebaker that you got for your high school graduation and 26th birthday combination present. :lmao:

Dupontster

Would THIS face lie?
Ken King said:
Nice try old fossilized one, but it wasn't brand new :moon: and certainly nothing like the brand new 1947 Studebaker that you got for your high school graduation and 26th birthday combination present. :lmao:

Now that was some funny stuff there.....Got to give ya one....Bend over Grampa.. :lmao:

Ken King

PREMO Member
Dupontster said:
Now that was some funny stuff there.....Got to give ya one....Bend over Grampa.. :lmao:
Slow down fella, I ain't as easy as your sheep, brokeback dreamer, try JPC, you can promise him your vote for his loven'. :lmao:

Dupontster

Would THIS face lie?
Ken King said:
Slow down fella, I ain't as easy as your sheep, brokeback dreamer, try JPC, you can promise him your vote for his loven'. :lmao:

Sorry I didn't return your post but us old peeps need to go to bed ya know.. :lmao: and it was late when you last posted..
I think I'd rather do a sheep than JPC....At least the sheep wouldn't talk a bunch of garbage.....I'd even vote for a sheep before I'd vote for him.. :lmao:

B

baswm

Then Try MTV's Pimp my ride.

I would be so upset if someone took my 66 Impala and pimped it. I would want it as close to the way it rolled out the factory instead of pimped.

Vince

Ken King said:
Sorry, I just found that funny and kind of amazing for me. Maybe it's because I am just a decade or two younger then Duponster and my first "it's all mine" car was a '59 VW Bug I had when I was in high school.
Guess you're a bit older than me Ken. My first real car was a '70 Chevelle, but I seem to remember having a 1963 Comet with 3 on the tree before that one. :lmao:

Ken King

PREMO Member
Vince said:
Guess you're a bit older than me Ken. My first real car was a '70 Chevelle, but I seem to remember having a 1963 Comet with 3 on the tree before that one. :lmao:
For some reason I pictured you with a Valiant and the push button Select-0-Matic. :lmao:

Oh yeah, my VW was not anywhere near new when I got it. I think you might still be closer in age to Duponster then to me.

Vince

Ken King said:
For some reason I pictured you with a Valiant and the push button Select-0-Matic. :lmao:

Oh yeah, my VW was not anywhere near new when I got it. I think you might still be closer in age to Duponster then to me.
I remember those old Plymouths with the push button automatic transmission. :lmao:

Dupontster

Would THIS face lie?
Ken King said:

Let's show a little respect young man.... :howdy:

Last edited: