Wtg PETA!!!

SxyPrincess

rescue.html

jeneisen

Indy Bound
In my opinion, people who leave their pets outdoors in the winter should'nt be allowed to own a pet at all. I am a huge animal lover and I can't imagine getting a pet to neglect it. If I see an animal in a neighbors yard or driving by you bet I jump right on the phone and call animal control!

iceeyes9

Born and Bred Hillybilly
Hell my dogs get better treatment then my kids....afterall they listen better:razz2: But don't call Animal control on all dogs left outside....I have a Siberian Husky, his favorite passtime is laying outside~pretending not to hear me telling him to come in~Getting snowed on, one time he actually got completely covered, all we could see was his ears and nose! Now on the other hand my Rott/Akita mix HATES the cold....runs outside pee's really fast and runs back in! It cracks me up! But in all honesty, an outside dog being brought inside is actually a bad thing...they CANNOT take the change in temperature. They will overheat. As long as its not Subzero, they'll be fine as long as they have proper shelter. Just remember how you feel after you come in from shoveling snow and have all your gear on......You are miserable until you take the gear off....well they can't take their fur off. Now some breeds this does not apply to: Dalmations,etc.
Don't get me wrong I agree dogs are to be loved not chained up outside and forgotten....but a dog can be cared for and still remain an outside dog. I'm not smart enough to practice this myself, I have 3 inches of dog hair on my carpet to prove it:blushing:

Last edited:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
One of the reasons I ditched a beau was because he had a dog that he kept chained to a tree in his back yard - YEAR ROUND! I think that tells you something about a person when they treat an animal like that.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
My dog is getting so fat this year because we don't make her stay outside from 6am until whenever we get home in this weather. She has a thick coat (GSD) but I feel like such meanie if I leave her out.

MDindef

As a hunter, the words "way to go PETA" just can't come out. They do way to many things that don't make sense to me. But in my opinion, this (the work from this article) is the work they should be concentrating on.

iceeyes9

Born and Bred Hillybilly
I completely agree....these animals in question WERE in need! Makes me wanna hug my furry babies! My daughter has a question for you though.......Now she's 11 so be nice......she wants to know what happens in the wild, the dogs don't have dog houses in the wild? Any opinions? I'm not sure how to explain the differance.

Christy

b*tch rocket
My pigs stay outside and they get lotsa love! :kiss:

I can't imagine keeping my dawg outside though, :bawl: unless they wanted to stay out.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Originally posted by iceeyes9
she wants to know what happens in the wild, the dogs don't have dog houses in the wild? Any opinions? I'm not sure how to explain the differance.
Ice, animals in the wild will build or dig their own shelter. They're not chained up so they can take refuge wherever they can find or make it. Also, pack animals will huddle, which is impossible for a lone chained animal to do.

iceeyes9

Born and Bred Hillybilly
She says she accepts that answer, I guess its more believable comming form someone other than Mom, what do they think we make up stuff just to shut them up????? Of course now I'm not allowed to yell at my youngest pup when he digs because its instinct(sp) Oh well, maybe he'll dig me a pool!:burning: :rolleyes: gotta love him!

iceeyes9

Born and Bred Hillybilly
She says this also explains why her puppy(100 lb puppy) sleeps with his head tucked under our Husky's butt~

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Sharp kid! Tell your daughter that one of the things that separates the higher life forms from the lower ones is ability to learn and not rely solely on instinct.

Your puppy has a much better life as a pet in your household than he would in the wild. What he has to give up in order to get this cushy life is that digging instinct, or at least know where he can and can't dig. Even my stupid cats have learned that, although they try to pretend it was their idea all along. :lol:

Cowgirl

Also keep in mind that dogs in the wild hardly ever live as long as domesticated house dogs....they're probably lucky to live to be 5 or 6...I'm sure lots of wild dogs die of the cold or starvation or something. Oh, and straw does insulate very well...although just a bale sitting there on the ground probably isn't the best thing...but the dog had nothing before.