Blinds

justbeachy

can be a real beach
I'm sure there is already a thread on this but I couldn't find it. Where can I get wood blinds at a good price?

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Lowes has a great selection as kwillia has said. I looked at Next Day Blinds and :faint: at the prices. I ordered my wood blinds off the internet from www.justblinds.com, installed them myself, and was very pleased. :yay:

justbeachy

can be a real beach
TY When you order from Lowes what do you do.. take measurements to them. And how long does it take to get them.. Also how long did the internet take?

justbeachy said:
TY When you order from Lowes what do you do.. take measurements to them. And how long does it take to get them.. Also how long did the internet take?
Call Lowes and ask for the "blinds" department. They will tell you what you need to do. As for the internet, did you check the website Jazz provided to see if they included delivery info?

justbeachy said:
I never got anything but standard sizes that were in stock from Lowes. NextDay blinds did our big window, but they weren't "next day" about it.

desertrat said:
I never got anything but standard sizes that were in stock from Lowes. NextDay blinds did our big window, but they weren't "next day" about it.
Lowe's can cut to a specific size on the spot for some styles. Other styles can be ordered to spec.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
justbeachy said:
Also how long did the internet take?
The last ones I ordered on the 15th and they were shipped the 20th, so it was about a week. And shipping is free. :yay:

FromTexas

This Space for Rent
jazz lady said:
The last ones I ordered on the 15th and they were shipped the 20th, so it was about a week. And shipping is free. :yay:

Did you get 1" or 2"? Faux or real? Premium or otherwise?

I just ordered samples from them. Thanks for the tip.

Depending what you have I may want to see if I can see yours installed. :huggy:

FromTexas

This Space for Rent
jazz lady said:
2", real, premium in cherry. They matched the red oak bedroom furniture I have perfectly. The samples are actual pieces of the blind material. I wish I'd known - I still have the ones I got from them somewhere.

You're welcome over anytime to see them. They were very easy to install but having two people makes it easier. :yay:

Same color choice I am looking at. I got that and a few others in 1" and 2" samples.

:yay:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
FromTexas said:
Same color choice I am looking at. I got that and a few others in 1" and 2" samples.

:yay:

I didn't like the look of the 1" blinds - too busy. The cherry is a beautiful dark brown with red highlights. Very striking. :yay:

FromTexas

This Space for Rent
kwillia said:
Oh how I wish Otter had permission to refresh your memory...:banghead:

Wait... you have that pic too, don't you...:eyebrow:

:neener:

On another subject related to window dressings, have either of you toured the Stanley Martin model homes? Specifically, the duplexes?