What to do??

fttrsbeerwench

I got a beater of a minivan that I owe about 4000 on and the blue book on it is only about 3500...

I have a chance to get a NICE, hooked up Talon from a guy who was going to race it but ended up letting his kiddo drive it. My aunt and uncle are holding on to it and I can get it for next to nothing..

Problem is, I can't afford to keep both cars. So what do I do with the van?
Someone told me to have it stolen!! :lmao: SUUUREEE!

I haven't fully checked it out yet, but according to my uncle the car is hooked up..
Any ideas?:confused:

W

Wenchy

fttrsbeerwench said:
I got a beater of a minivan that I owe about 4000 on and the blue book on it is only about 3500...

I have a chance to get a NICE, hooked up Talon from a guy who was going to race it but ended up letting his kiddo drive it. My aunt and uncle are holding on to it and I can get it for next to nothing..

Problem is, I can't afford to keep both cars. So what do I do with the van?
Someone told me to have it stolen!! :lmao: SUUUREEE!

I haven't fully checked it out yet, but according to my uncle the car is hooked up..
Any ideas?:confused:

Is the van in good condition?

Also, what does "hooked" up mean?

fttrsbeerwench

I don't think I'll get what I owe for it.. The front end is all new and it's got new tires and good motor and tranny. I keep up on the maintenance stuff...
Unfortunatly, with most of those vans there are some wiring problems and it has a dent in the side where a deer blind-sided me. :ohwell: I'm also due for new front brakes.
I guess it's only really good for a work van or for someone who can't afford a nicer car but needs the room. I hate this car..It's too darn big and I feel like an old lady in it.. Since my kids are older and I don't need all the bulky carseats and daiper bags, I'm realy to lose it.

And I doubt that the car has those spinny thingys, but if it does, I'll make shootin' targets out of 'em.. Speaking of someone is bassing on my street.. Time to go out there and lear at them.....

:thuglivinfoeva: :peace:

:rolleyes:

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
If it's "hooked up", I'd make damn sure it will pass inspection with no "make-unders" required. Also, a small car is hell when you have kids. When I was younger, my mom had a thunderbird and HATED it, it was way too small.

MysticalMom

Witchy Woman
Nickel said:
If it's "hooked up", I'd make damn sure it will pass inspection with no "make-unders" required. Also, a small car is hell when you have kids. When I was younger, my mom had a thunderbird and HATED it, it was way too small.

When I was a kid we traveled across country in a freakin' Maverick. 2 adults, 3 kids and german sheppard.

As soon as we got in to California mom and dad bought a great big Buick. :lmao:

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
MysticalMom said:
When I was a kid we traveled across country in a freakin' Maverick. 2 adults, 3 kids and german sheppard.
:lmao: I know it's ridiculous, but I have an SUV, a 4 year old, and a dog, and that's just the right amount of space. Any more people and I'd want a bigger one. :roflmao:

fttrsbeerwench

well, given that my aunt is nearly 50, I doubt she means that it has all the ghetto bling bling crap on it.. She probably means that it has all the extras.. Good stereo, all power. Nice.

Hooked up to a 20 year old means PHAT!! or Def! or awesome.. I guess..

I would call a mint condition '66 GTO .. CHERRY!

fttrsbeerwench

I don't seem to navigate big vehicles well.. The van wasn't my first choice and I regret getting it.. That's why I want this car so much.. I was happier with my Corolla.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
Get the car and re-sell it. If it's got all the body work crap on it, some kid will buy it. A LOT of those cars just get the appearence work done and don't do anything to improve performance

fttrsbeerwench

Well, the question is how bad do I want the car?
It's not worth my time or money to fix the van up and get it to excellent condition.. The van just isn't worth it.. Plus I HATE it... It's big, funky and I don't need that much car..
The Talon would be more my speed..It doesn't have the racing motor in in now, just a V6 so it won't be a gas hog.. I'm perfectly happy with less cargo room.. I won't be asked to move people's crap or shuttle the masses here and there..I may up my insurance costs, but I pay out the nose now...

I might be able to let it go back to the bank... But that will be a blemish on my credit I don't need. The car seems like a better deal since it's already in excellent shape and I won't have the payment anymore.

W

Wenchy

fttrsbeerwench said:
Well, the question is how bad do I want the car?
It's not worth my time or money to fix the van up and get it to excellent condition.. The van just isn't worth it.. Plus I HATE it... It's big, funky and I don't need that much car..
The Talon would be more my speed..It doesn't have the racing motor in in now, just a V6 so it won't be a gas hog.. I'm perfectly happy with less cargo room.. I won't be asked to move people's crap or shuttle the masses here and there..I may up my insurance costs, but I pay out the nose now...

I might be able to let it go back to the bank... But that will be a blemish on my credit I don't need. The car seems like a better deal since it's already in excellent shape and I won't have the payment anymore.

A higher insurance payment and a blemish on your credit if you let the van go back to the bank?

Wench? :smack:

fttrsbeerwench

Wenchy said:
A higher insurance payment and a blemish on your credit if you let the van go back to the bank?

Wench? :smack:

But I really really hate the van.. :bawl:

The blemish on my credit won't be too damaging, I was told a voluntary reposession won't count against me in a loan situation.
The car would be less expensive over all, since I won't have the car payment and the repairs on the van.

I dunno, I'm just going over my options.