Screw you

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
"I want to say to my audience ... `You haven't come with me yet? How dare you? We're up to wild, crazy stuff, the show has never sounded better. You cheap bastard!'"
Because the problem couldn't possibly be that most people don't find him entertaining enough to pay to listen. :duh:

Softballkid

No Longer the Kid
Maybe its because Im young, but Ive never really cared for Stern, and I sure as hell wasnt going to sign up for satellite radio just because he went to it...but, then again, Im not one of his cheap bastard fans he was talking about :lol:

SamSpade

Reminds me of the famous retort from Dick Tuck (later attributed to Mo Udall) after losing a race for California State Assembly - "The people have spoken - the b*stards!".

Howard Stern is too full of himself to realize that if people don't want to pay to listen to him, it almost certainly has to do with the content and quality of his boradcasts, and not that they are simply too "cheap" to pay to listen.

I'm sure Sharon Stone probably has similar sentiments regarding her box office failing this weekend. These guys need to buy a clue.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Softballkid said:
Maybe its because Im young, but Ive never really cared for Stern, and I sure as hell wasnt going to sign up for satellite radio just because he went to it...but, then again, Im not one of his cheap bastard fans he was talking about :lol:
Actually I don't like him because I'm old(er).. his third grade humor just doen't do it for me, there is NO entertainment value in doing the same gross things over and over again, and after how many years?? It's gotten REAL old.

virgovictoria

Tight Pants and Lipstick
PREMO Member
Speedy70 said:
You really think he sucks now?

I disagree!
I used to listen to him, around the time of Private Parts - went to see the movie and all... Up and to the divorce he started to get hard to deal with, for me... After the divorce, he was a lot more easier to listen to and I liked him again... But, by that time, I had started listening to other a.m. shows as a rule. And could listen to their show via livestream at the office and attend local events.

Now, we have XM, not Sirius, so I can't really say. I was just going by the stock shares... really...

As a rule, I typically listen to "shock" radio over all other broadcasts. Eliot, Don & Mike, Ron & Fez, The Junkies, Opie & Anthony and such. I love the comedy channels and blast back channels to mix in.

There is something to say for having satellite radio for sure :yay:, which is back to the point. I like the uncensored broadcasts in the jock arenas and the blocked approach to programming.

When I want to hear really good, up to date music mixes, I will flip back to the tuner to DC101, for example - or listen to Don & Mike on the ride home. But that's the cool thing about Satellite radio - you don't lose the FM radio option - it's not like it's one or the other. It's all plus all! :shrug:

Howard just cries like a big baby. :baby: Narcissists! Jeez! :rolleyes:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
itsbob said:
Actually I don't like him because I'm old(er).. his third grade humor just doen't do it for me, there is NO entertainment value in doing the same gross things over and over again, and after how many years?? It's gotten REAL old.
Exactly. When you come out of the gate doing the most outrageous things you can think of, you've got no way to ramp up to keep your audience's interest. After abusing the mentally handicapped and dwarves, there's not really much left in the outrageous and offensive department. And there's only so many times he can slobber over some braindead lesbian hottie before it gets boring.

MysticalMom

Witchy Woman
vraiblonde said:
Exactly. When you come out of the gate doing the most outrageous things you can think of, you've got no way to ramp up to keep your audience's interest. After abusing the mentally handicapped and dwarves, there's not really much left in the outrageous and offensive department. And there's only so many times he can slobber over some braindead lesbian hottie before it gets boring.

:yeahthat: His Retarded Dating Game was the end for me. He's just not funny anymore.

Oz

You're all F'in Mad...
Regardless of what you think about Howard Stern, the programming on Sirius is so much better than XM.

I bought Sirius about 18 months ago when Howard announced that he was going to satellite. Enjoyed Sirius without Howard until January. Then in November, my truck came with a 90 days of free XM (which recently expired.) I'm not renewing, and instead going to install Sirius in my truck.

XM is currently enjoying their GM and Honda relationships. But I think Sirius will chip away at their marketshare. And what happens to XM when they can't retain their subscribers without heavy discounts, and as GM continues to lose their marketshare?

FastCarsSpeed

Come Play at BigWoodys
Funny I listen to Sirius and Howard and Bubba daily. Sirius is now over 4 million subscribers and is on pace to hit 6 million by the end of the year atleast. Its still new media for Sirius and XM just gotta let it play out. All Howard ever says is he cant believe its done as well.

Also for you XM guys I heard a rumor that there are commercials now? I cant believe that. Unless maybe they are talking about their talk channels and I think all talk channels have some kinda commercials but hopefully your music channels are commercial free.

MMDad

Lem Putt
vraiblonde said:
Sirius' stock has dropped like a lead weight.

Down 25% since he started there.

I guess people are tired of hearing him tell the world how great he is. And how many times can you listen to his lackeys kiss is azz, ("Oh Howard, you're just so smart and funny!")?

Pete

Repete
Well Sirius has NASCAR in 2007. They paid HUGE $500 Million for 5 years of Stern, they are getting NASCAR (with branding rights and endless promotion NASCAR is famous for) for $107.5 for 5 years. I think they will have some sirius (ha ha a pun) buyers remorse writing Howie that $100M check every year.

Howie's fame came from being outrageous and getting busted for it. The hook was "How far is he going to go today? "Now he is on satellite it is no big deal, the danger is gone.