Electrical Problems

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
Can anyone reccomend a good place to have the electrical crap on my car worked on? I know I have a bad relay box (whatever that is) that keeps the dash light saying I have an outed tail light on even though the tail lights are fine. Most recently my cig lighter went out (can't charge the phone in the car), I checked the fuses and they were fine. I suppose it's time to bite the bullet and get the relay replaced (the box itself is damn near $400) and find out what's up with the lighter. I'm not taking it to Annapolis and paying a million dollars. :nono:

dustin

UAIOE
Dealership is probably the only place for that. I wouldnt trust anyone else BUT the dealer for something like that. You'll pay a higher price, but you'll have less chance of a screw up.

Or you could buy a manual and make B get down there with a multimeter and check for voltage. It could be just a loose wire on a terminal on the box, and since you already know which part is bad, he wouldnt have to test every wire on the box for correct voltage.

Pete

Repete
dustin said:
Dealership is probably the only place for that. I wouldnt trust anyone else BUT the dealer for something like that. You'll pay a higher price, but you'll have less chance of a screw up.

Or you could buy a manual and make B get down there with a multimeter and check for voltage. It could be just a loose wire on a terminal on the box, and since you already know which part is bad, he wouldnt have to test every wire on the box for correct voltage.
:yeahthat: Car electrical is the worst.