Friday 4/7

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
I'm going to ride over to Fredericksburg Motor Sports tomorrow morning. Anybody want to go? Going to be running down Rt.218 and picking up a carton of cheap sigs across the river.
I'm trying to cancel the extended warranty I purchased with the Honda Shadow, Atlantic Cycle refuses to do it. Been in twice, called 4 times and it's always, we'll get back to you on that. :burning:
Talked to Honda and they said it had to be cancelled thru a dealer, any dealer.

Softballkid

No Longer the Kid
aps45819 said:
I'm going to ride over to Fredericksburg Motor Sports tomorrow morning. Anybody want to go? Going to be running down Rt.218 and picking up a carton of cheap sigs across the river.
I'm trying to cancel the extended warranty I purchased with the Honda Shadow, Atlantic Cycle refuses to do it. Been in twice, called 4 times and it's always, we'll get back to you on that. :burning:

I had trouble with them also, so now, Ill pay more if need be to stay away from them... Or, Ill drive all the way to West Virginia to get stuff, and save plenty of money :yay:

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
The next nearest Honda dealers are in Fredericksburg VA or in Grambrills MD., 10 minutes north on rt.3 of the 301/3/50 intersection.

Softballkid

No Longer the Kid
aps45819 said:
The next nearest Honda dealers are in Fredericksburg VA or in Grambrills MD., 10 minutes north on rt.3 of the 301/3/50 intersection.

Ah, gotcha gotcha... well, Id like to go, but I dont have my next bike yet... but have fun :howdy:

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
aps45819 said:
I can go. Let me know what time you will come by and pick me up on my 250 Rebel. I haven't been out in traffic yet, but this should be a good learning experience. Oh, P.S., the Rebel doesn't do over 60 mph and I don't like bridges.

Pandora

aps45819 said:

Doesn’t that just burn your chaps?

They had no problem selling you the darn thing, but they require you walk on glass, thru a hoop of fire and over the rainbow to cancel it.

I just went thru that same :bs: over gap insurance purchased at the dealership. My ability to follow directions is what has gotten me far in life. :drama: And it CLEARLY says on the back of the contract, to cancel, write the above listed address include :blahblah:, and last week, I got a letter back saying “you must report to the dealership.”

:confused: So, off to the dealership. “We need a statement from the bank saying you paid the loan off.” :rolleyes: Aright then, this is stupid considering gap insurance was an option that said I could cancel within 30-days of purchase for a full refund. I brought back the payoff statement and FINALLY got the paperwork in motion for a refund. Of course, now it is going to be pro-rated and it will be 4-6 weeks before I see a check.

Same :bs: with rebates. I think rebates should be instant, at the register, like they are in some states already.

They all bank on the hope that the customer will get totally frustrated and say, "forget the whole thing."

Pete

Repete
aps45819 said:
I had trouble too. I ended up calling a number on the warranty envelope, they transferred me to someone else who transferred me to someone else who said call the dealer. I called Atlantic and they said "we don't do that". So I called the numbers again and got passed around until I got heated, then I got some woman in California who said "No problem" I had to write "cancel" across the warranty form and fax it to her. I got my check 4 days later. I don't have the paperwork anymore but it was a number right on the form, policy, certificate thingy.

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
dustin said:
scary stuff ain't it? :lol:

can you ride in circles with the handlebars turned all the way as far as they can go?
No. I was really pissed off that he made me do the u-turn. It was at 235 and 4. He turned nicely and i took up four lanes with someone on my ass that didn't realize I'm a tard.

Pete

Repete
BS Gal said:
No. I was really pissed off that he made me do the u-turn. It was at 235 and 4. He turned nicely and i took up four lanes with someone on my ass that didn't realize I'm a tard.
Put a sign on your back :yay:

You can put "Stay back Tard!"

"Rookie Biker"

Or my personal favorite, "I have a pocked full of 3/8 inch nuts and I am not afraid to throw them ."

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
Pete said:
Put a sign on your back :yay:

You can put "Stay back Tard!"

"Rookie Biker"

Or my personal favorite, "I have a pocked full of 3/8 inch nuts and I am not afraid to throw them ."
I am so ashamed of that turn. Hubby made me do it and I was gonna kick his ass when we got home....

Pete

Repete
BS Gal said:
I am so ashamed of that turn. Hubby made me do it and I was gonna kick his ass when we got home....
Gotta learn those slow turns :yay:

Want me to tell you how to do it?

Thought you would never ask.

You start out going straight, when you want to turn open the throttle a little more and ride the back brake, feather the clutch just a little. Start your turn and use varying pressure on the brake on-off, on-off and the clutch on-off, on -off, to keep your balance.

Easy Peasy

Pretty soon you will be whipping that thing around with no clutch, just throttle and brake.

Word of caution if you get a Harley or a V twin. They chug if you let the RPM get too low. Chugging going slow is bad, that is why you rev it up to a safe zone and use the clutch/brake to keep the bike slow.

Last edited:

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
Don't forget to look thru the turn, i.e. look where you want to go.
Where you look is where you'll go.
Don't look down :lol: