Deviated Septum

jwwb2000

pretty black roses
Anyone ever had surgery to correct this? I am just wondering what I am going to be dealing with after the surgery. TIA.

mamissa3

My mom had that done twice and it was not pretty. It may be the person but she was in pain and all balck and blue...This was also about 10-13 years ago so maybe things are different now. Good luck.....

Pandora

Day #1) You just want to go home and go to bed, but you can still breathe in and out of your nose. You think to yourself “hey that wasn’t too bad.”

Day #2) The mucus starts to surround the packing and you have to breathe out of your mouth. You look in the mirror and yes those are bruises under your eyes, take pills and go back into a coma.

Day #3) You are basically pretty sick and tired of having to breathe out of your mouth, eating anything is hard when your nose is clogged up, and your throat is sore.

Day #4) You are the 1st patient at the office waiting for the doctor to remove the packing.

Ahhhhhh you can breathe out of you nose and it only burns a tiny bit. What a relief.

Then you have to go back the following week and have the stints taken out. Have fun with that. :ohwell:

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
Had it done a few years ago. (repair from a bar fight many years ago)
They knocked me out, did the work and told me to come back in 10 days to get the stints out. They were hard plastic tubes about 3 inches long. Was suprised those things had been in my nose for a week :lol:
No black eyes.

ShaunaNJoe

I'm hungry....
aps45819 said:
Had it done a few years ago. (repair from a bar fight many years ago)
They knocked me out, did the work and told me to come back in 10 days to get the stints out. They were hard plastic tubes about 3 inches long. Was suprised those things had been in my nose for a week :lol:
No black eyes.
:yeahthat:
Sugery helped me too. Just make sure if they give you good pain meds, and your not used to them, that you eat first. I had a bad experience, I was 16 when I had it done (now 24) and took those pain killers and felt REAL good for a few minutes then tossed my cookies. Since the bandage is over your nose it kinda got IN my nose and that was nasty. Sorry...T.M.I. :shocking: :barf:
Sugery helped my problem though after all, and those meds they gave me were great! :yay: