Think of what's to cook??

Mrs SeaRide

..... yeah, that's me
Everytime I come home from work, I have to think of something to cook for my husband. We both usually come home around 5 PM. How would you recommend the fastest way to cook for tireless couple? I mean not that fast like peanut butter and jelly! Just a dinner plate with meat, side and veggie.

sushisamba

Purrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Mrs SeaRide said:
Everytime I come home from work, I have to think of something to cook for my husband. We both usually come home around 5 PM. How would you recommend the fastest way to cook for tireless couple? I mean not that fast like peanut butter and jelly! Just a dinner plate with meat, side and veggie.
Crockpot. There are also some really great recipes on www.foodtv.com. Look for Rachel Ray's 30-minute meals. :yay:

Mikeinsmd

Spaghetti, Steak & Baked tater, Meatloaf (make night B4, put in oven in am, set timer), same for baked chicken (veggies are quick & easy anyway), steak umm steak subs, cajun catfish (already seasoned at store), any fish/shrimp cooks fast, have a "breakfast" for dinner (breakfast foods cook fast & easy), hot hoagies, fajitas, pizza, grilled cheese & mater soup, hot dogs & Bushes baked beans, hamburgers & fries.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Mikeinsmd said:
grilled cheese & mater soup
:yum:

Chicken caesar salads (marinate the chicken all day and toss it on the grill when you get home)

Tuna casserole (double :yum: )

Goulash

Italian beef on sub rolls

Get those frozen Tilapia filets at Costco - they cook in about 5 minutes. Dump some salsa on top of them and serve with a salad or rice.

I don't get home until 7-ish, so any feeding thing that goes on in my house is a 30-minute meal. :lol:

just.me

Mrs SeaRide said:

boneless chicken breast marinated in italian dressing, then plop into some foil, add chopped up potatoes with minced garlic and fresh broccoli with baby carrots, fold the foil to seal tightly, then bake at 350 for about 40 minutes or so....

Mrs SeaRide

..... yeah, that's me
Thanks everyone, :howdy: I've checked out this Rachael Ray's Express Lane Meals that'll be going on bookshelves next week. She does some 30-minutes meals for busy people, like me. I'm gonna take everyone's suggestion for a try and let you know. :wink:

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
Mrs SeaRide said:
Thanks everyone, :howdy: I've checked out this Rachael Ray's Express Lane Meals that'll be going on bookshelves next week. She does some 30-minutes meals for busy people, like me. I'm gonna take everyone's suggestion for a try and let you know. :wink:
You could also save yourself the cost of a book and visit FoodTV.com and download the recipes for free. Also, check out cookbooks from the library. Free is good. :yay:

Having said that, I need to admit that I have probably 100 cookbooks in my collection. :lol:

just.me

BadGirl said:
You could also save yourself the cost of a book and visit FoodTV.com and download the recipes for free. ....................

Having said that, I need to admit that I have probably 100 cookbooks in my collection. :lol:

I, too, have to admit that I have too many cookbooks. I love to read them and just get ideas....I also surf for recipes and a good site is www.kraft.com

You can input ingredients and get recipes that match.....

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Mrs SeaRide said:
Take the advice of everyone above.. THEN switch up.. Each day one of you chooses what to have, and cooks it.. I mean it does sound like you work too, so let him join in the fun of cooking too!

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
itsbob said:
Take the advice of everyone above.. THEN switch up.. Each day one of you chooses what to have, and cooks it.. I mean it does sound like you work too, so let him join in the fun of cooking too!
So how come you don't do this? :shrug:

Your turn is tonight, by the way.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
BadGirl said:
So how come you don't do this? :shrug:

Your turn is tonight, by the way.
I do the cookin on the Barbie.. that and you don't like anything I cook...

Checked the Mayo site.. gout attacks the Big Toe!! Who'd a thunk!?

just.me

itsbob said:
QUOTE]
Barbecue Season Is Coming

After the long months of cold and winter, we will soon be coming up to summer and BBQ season. Therefore it is important to refresh your memory on the etiquette of this sublime outdoor cooking as it's the only type of cooking a real man will do, probably because there is an element of danger involved.

When a man volunteers to do the BBQ the following chain of events are put into motion:

Routine...

1. The woman buys the food.
2. The woman makes the salad, prepares the vegetables, and makes dessert.
3. The woman prepares the meat for cooking, places it on a tray along with the necessary cooking utensils and sauces, and takes it to the man who is lounging beside the grill - beer in hand.

Here comes the important part:

4. THE MAN PLACES THE MEAT ON THE GRILL.

More routine....

5. The woman goes inside to organize the plates and cutlery.
6. The woman comes out to tell the man that the meat is burning. He thanks her and asks if she will bring another beer while he deals with the situation.

Important again:

7. THE MAN TAKES THE MEAT OFF THE GRILL AND HANDS IT TO THE WOMAN.

More routine.....

8. The woman prepares the plates, salad, bread, utensils, napkins, sauces and brings them to the table.
9. After eating, the woman clears the table and does the dishes.

And most important of all:

10. Everyone PRAISES the MAN and THANKS HIM for his cooking efforts.

11. The man asks the woman how she enjoyed "her night off." And, upon seeing her annoyed reaction, concludes that there's just no pleasing some women.... :whistle:

itsbob

I bowl overhand
just.me said:
itsbob said:
QUOTE]
Barbecue Season Is Coming

After the long months of cold and winter, we will soon be coming up to summer and BBQ season. Therefore it is important to refresh your memory on the etiquette of this sublime outdoor cooking as it's the only type of cooking a real man will do, probably because there is an element of danger involved.

When a man volunteers to do the BBQ the following chain of events are put into motion:

Routine...

1. The woman buys the food.
2. The woman makes the salad, prepares the vegetables, and makes dessert.
3. The woman prepares the meat for cooking, places it on a tray along with the necessary cooking utensils and sauces, and takes it to the man who is lounging beside the grill - beer in hand.

Here comes the important part:

4. THE MAN PLACES THE MEAT ON THE GRILL.

More routine....

5. The woman goes inside to organize the plates and cutlery.
6. The woman comes out to tell the man that the meat is burning. He thanks her and asks if she will bring another beer while he deals with the situation.

Important again:

7. THE MAN TAKES THE MEAT OFF THE GRILL AND HANDS IT TO THE WOMAN.

More routine.....

8. The woman prepares the plates, salad, bread, utensils, napkins, sauces and brings them to the table.
9. After eating, the woman clears the table and does the dishes.

And most important of all:

10. Everyone PRAISES the MAN and THANKS HIM for his cooking efforts.

11. The man asks the woman how she enjoyed "her night off." And, upon seeing her annoyed reaction, concludes that there's just no pleasing some women.... :whistle:

Well, most of that is right.. except in Southern MD, there is no end to BBQ season, this is a year round event!!

ocean733

just.me said:
boneless chicken breast marinated in italian dressing, then plop into some foil, add chopped up potatoes with minced garlic and fresh broccoli with baby carrots, fold the foil to seal tightly, then bake at 350 for about 40 minutes or so....
Boneless, skinless chicken, marinated in Italian dressing, then thrown on the grill/or George Foreman Grill - that is a staple in my kitchen! Make some spagetti to go with it. :drool:

Also, any crockpot recipe!!:dance:

just.me

broccoli/chicken chowder recipe

"Cheesy Broccoli Chicken Chowder

Estimated Times
Preparation Time 20 mins.
Cooking Time 40 mins.

Ingredients:

1 pkg. (40 oz.) STOUFFER'S Family-Style Recipes Chicken & Broccoli Pasta Bake, defrosted *
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 large sweet onion, chopped
2 celery ribs, chopped
2 carrots, peeled and chopped
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 cup frozen whole kernel corn, defrosted
5 cups chicken broth
1 1/2 cups (6 oz.) shredded cheddar cheese, divided

HEAT oil in 4 to 5-quart saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion, celery, and carrots; cook 5 minutes or until softened. Add pepper, corn and chicken broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; add defrosted Chicken & Broccoli Pasta Bake and 1 cup cheese. Heat until hot, stirring occasionally. Sprinkle each serving with remaining cheese.

*DEFROST Chicken & Broccoli Pasta Bake in microwave on MEDIUM (50% power) 15 minutes

Yields 6 to 8 servings"

I was wondering if anyone has made this or anything close? It sounds good, got good ratings on the website......

happyazz

Skiing in the clouds
Meatloaf(make niht B4, put in oven in am, set timer)[/COLOR

You have got to be kidding, right???????????????? :yikes: