Persian Kabobs

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
I assume the food is Persian since I asked the woman who owns Silver Skewers in Waldorf where she was from and she said Persia. I made grilled kabobs last night. Beef/chicken/shrimp + veggies sprinkled with salt and pepper. The meat on the kabobs at Silver Skewers and Moby Dicks (a chain) marinates their meat in something. Anyone know what?

BabyGurl1978

Gone Crazy
pixiegirl said:
I assume the food is Persian since I asked the woman who owns Silver Skewers in Waldorf where she was from and she said Persia. I made grilled kabobs last night. Beef/chicken/shrimp + veggies sprinkled with salt and pepper. The meat on the kabobs at Silver Skewers and Moby Dicks (a chain) marinates their meat in something. Anyone know what?

:howdy: How you been?

camily

Peace
pixiegirl said:
How do they marinate their meat? They soak it in cider. :lmao: :killingme

MMDad

Lem Putt
pixiegirl said:
If you want authentic Persian, you have to start with Goat.

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
sanchezf said:
The meat is marinated in herbs, onion, garlic, and vinegar or lime juice or yogurt

There is some kind of spice/herb that is a little tangy/spicey that they use. I asked the woman what it was forever ago but I can't remember what she said. It's been ages since I've been there. :yay: :yay: on the Vinegar. I knew it was something almost bitter but good. I don't usually care for vinegar but like it in certain things. Apparently this is one of them.